Discuss Potterton EP2000 Room thermostat wiring in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mjpuds

-
Reaction score
Ok im looking at changing my Potterton EP2000 Room thermostat over to hive to channel to work with hw/ch .. the only problem is wiring no 5 . Which is I guess the switch to motorised valve .

20190127_180453.jpg

Sorry I meant programmer/timer and I'm replacing it with a programmer and thermostat hive unit

Any idea why the blue/yellows wires is being used . Is this just to make them easier to pick out . And what should I do with connections 5. As there is only 4 on the hive .cheers

Any idea why the blue/yellows wires is being used . Is this just to make them easier to pick out . And what should I do with connections 5. As there is only 4 on the hive .cheers

The blue and yellow are being used because that's the colours of the second and third cores in that type of cable.
Terminal five's purpose is clearly identified from the wiring diagram on the back of the ep2000 and from looking at the connections you have there.

We can't tell you how to do it as the forum doesn't allow us to give step by step instructions

Yes because you probably have a Y-plan as they are used for HW on and off. 5 is common on the EP2000 which is linked to live.

Cheers on drawing it out myself I had worked that out but massive thanks for back this up.

Spent the rest of the evening setting up the bl@@dy Wi-Fi.. all done now . And I have to say works very well.. thanks every one ..

Reply to Potterton EP2000 Room thermostat wiring in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net