Discuss Power factor unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wayneob

hi

Looking for abit of advice?

We are quoting to replace some SWA cabling feeding various sub boards.

I have an ABB power factor correction module in place, this is feeding a control panel in the plant room, feeding motors and ventilation equipment

We need to replace the 2 x 150mm 4 core SWA feeds from the PFC to the control panel, as we are not altering the design of the installation, is there any testing to be done on the PFC unit either before or after powering up?

ABB unit with digital display with rotary isolator

Any positive advice would be great

That's an interesting one, (in the oriental sense of the word!) inasmuch as if some one cut out say a few meters of swa from several supplies, do you think you could joint them back again with the piece that is missing? or totally replace the whole run of up to 40 m. per run?

That's an interesting one, (in the oriental sense of the word!) inasmuch as if some one cut out say a few meters of swa from several supplies, do you think you could joint them back again with the piece that is missing? or totally replace the whole run of up to 40 m. per run?
Hi Voltigern, Maybe I'm missing something simple here, where does the forty meters come from? apologies if I have missed something obvious.

I was just thinking where I do maintenance, there are sub mains to units in swa and they are
maybe up to forty metres away from the main board, but some one could get in and chop out tons of swa in the main switch room but would find it impossible to take anything more than a few metres per run. Actually I like that mis-spell of vortigern to voltigern shame I can't change it to that! @Pete999

I was just thinking where I do maintenance, there are sub mains to units in swa and they maybe up to forty metres away from the main board, but some one could get in and chop out tons of swa in the main switch room but would find it impossible to take anything more than a few metres per run.
Right OK thanks

Reply to Power factor unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net