Discuss PPE hard hat domestic? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

Hi, I am currently doing the NVQ3 and started taking pictures. The job inwhich I have started taking pictures is a lived in domestic property. Some pictures I have not been wearing a hard hat. Will this be a problem? I have always used the Hi-vis.

you should be ashamed of your self,seriously though you have to assess these situations individually ie the risk assessment but i would have thought a bumpcap would be ok on most domestic work

I've wrote up 2 jobs so far for my nvq and they both have been signed off. Didn't use a hard hat or high vis for the domestic photos but made sure used safety glasses when drilling etc. Different story when doing industrial though. You will have to upload a written risk assessment for any job you do so depending on what you write on that will dictate what ppe is required. Hope this helps.

I've wrote up 2 jobs so far for my nvq and they both have been signed off. Didn't use a hard hat or high vis for the domestic photos but made sure used safety glasses when drilling etc. Different story when doing industrial though. You will have to upload a written risk assessment for any job you do so depending on what you write on that will dictate what ppe is required. Hope this helps.
Great stuff. Hard hat in the domestic situiation I thout was a little OTT. especially that there is no structural work being done and customers are free of PPE. However after initially not wearing the hat I decided to.

you wear a hard hat where it says you need a hard had...!! H&S part of your course will have shown you what the picture looks like,..!!

same for high viz and ear plugs...!

unless you have to wear them by law its up to you what you do..! common sense really!!

H&S and common sense! the two are not necessarily compatible. especially when it comes to hard hats.

ive worked on jobs where ive been pipe fitting above cable tray. I was wedged in the gap between two trays, and the H&S insisted i wear a hard hat. i had to take it off, pit my head through the gap, and then put it back on.

The ppe you wear should be appropriate to the job you are doing and the environment you are doing it in. A bump cap (rather than a hard hat) would be appropriate in a domestic loft, but unnecessary for wiring in some lounge sockets for example.

Reply to PPE hard hat domestic? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net