Discuss Practical differences between "Baker" testing and LEAP analysis? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

outercontrol

Does anyone have any experience with the validity of "Baker" Testing of a wound electrical device as opposed to LEAP anaysis?
I have a conveyor magnet that is not going too well by the oil testing, and have been offered "Baker" testing by an NDT firm (can we use company names here?) but I have had LEAP analysis performed on some 11kV motors in the past, which was great but very $$$$. Does this "Baker" testing give a good enough indication of the way through life cycle of an electrical devices insulant? The "Baker" testing is very much less expensive.
Any help or ideas will be much appreciated
Thanks
Outer

Hi farmer, I believe that Baker may be the name of the test equipment manufacturer (like Megger I guess) but I don't really have any background info as to whether the results of the testing point practically to any life cycle stage of the equipment reliably. I was hoping someone may have had this sort of testing done and was impressed with the assessment given (or not). A quick google has given me the same info that the testing company have given, but as you would know, the burger in the picture ain't always the burger that you get on the tray.
Thanks
Outer

What is baker testing
Quoting from the SKF Catalogue:
Baker Testing - Predictive Motor and Machine System Maintenance With Solutions From The Best Name In Motor Testing
Since acquiring Baker Instrument Company in 2007, SKF has become the industry leader in motor circuit analysis solutions for industrial motor maintenance professionals. Baker-branded static motor analyzers, coupled with innovative SKF dynamic motor analyzers, provide a full spectrum of predictive motor maintenance solutions for industrial users, service and repair shops, and manufacturers.
SKF-Baker have been in the motor testing business for half a century. That legacy is manifested by the quality and innovation of their products, many of which are still relied upon after many years of rigorous use. Helping condition monitoring professionals world-wide to efficiently and effectively maintain the motors and machine systems their companies rely upon for business success. Whether you're a maintenance professional at a large industrial plant, a service technician at a motor repair shop, or a production line manager at an original equipment manufacturer of motors and generators, SKF products can help you monitor and maintain the motors that drive your business.

Static, Dynamic and Online Motor Testing Equipment - SKF*Baker

Reply to Practical differences between "Baker" testing and LEAP analysis? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock