• Latest offer from Electrical2Go! >> CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE THREAD (This Week Hand Dryers) <<
  • Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss practice test board in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iamelectric

for sale practice test board

rcd dual consumer unit
2 way lighting circuit
ring circuit
raidial circuit
fused spur with neon circuit
gas pipe
water pipe

all new

great help for 2394-2395 course

some course material aswell

£70
Pm me if interested can
i will try and load a pic

A board set up with very short examples of a standard installation to allow you to recreate the type of testing undertaken when taking the practicals for the C&G exams.
Like this:
test board.jpg

Well i've heard and seen it all now!! What a complete waste of time and money. Never heard of anything so ridiculous!!

I can understand knocking up a motor control board, to cater for several sizes and types of motors that can be used to test motors and the like in the workshop, but to practice fundamental general testing, ...wow!!! lol!!

To someone not well versed in testing building one of these and learning to use your test gear on it is ideal. I've recommended knocking one up to loads of apprentices, one of which lived not far from me so I used to nip round and put faults on his for him to find.

To someone not well versed in testing building one of these and learning to use your test gear on it is ideal. I've recommended knocking one up to loads of apprentices, one of which lived not far from me so I used to nip round and put faults on his for him to find.

Well, i suppose it just goes to prove just how far standards have dropped at the colleges these days, if students need to pay out and build a ''practice test board''!! As i said, never heard anything like it before reading this thread... We as apprentices used to build test boards for the maintenance workshops, to test repaired/refurbished motors and another to test various function limit switch assemblies and the like, but never to practice fundamental circuit testing and fault finding...

why do all yous old sparks talk a load of sh1te , all i hear on here is they dont teach them like they use too , do they not learn anything in college , sparks these days , well stop moaning the old boy in my work 67 says when he was younger the the test for continuity was a bell a plain old bell and when it rang the circuit was fine , college cant teach you everything in 4 years , you learn as you go , yous all seem like guf sparks so why not take on apprentices and pass your knowledge on instead of moaning , rant over x

As for levels dropped. Speaking to my companies NICEIC inspector on our company annual check up last month, its not the young ones who course the problems. ;) it's the old boys who don't understand how things have changed from 16th to 17th amended. Not having a dig at anyone. Just got the back of us young lads being taught on these boards. Not out of choice mind.

spot on dannyboy91
being trained on a trainer board is not bad
ive built them for our maint shop and deals with everything from control circuits for 3 phase to typical resi work.
even with updates to codes and procedures they can still be practised on and they are a great tool to teach with.
far easier to learn on than running up a couple flights of stairs to check connections in circuit runs
its also far easier for the apprentices to demonstrate skills on under the watchful eyes of their masters
code changes can easily be demonstrated on them.
plc/slc program designing and testing can be done as well with lamps or horns with less risk of equipment damage or personnel injuries

our biggest problem with them is if we forget to label them as a training boards our R.I.C. (retard in charge) will bin them :13:

Last edited:
Well i've heard and seen it all now!! What a complete waste of time and money. Never heard of anything so ridiculous!!

I can understand knocking up a motor control board, to cater for several sizes and types of motors that can be used to test motors and the like in the workshop, but to practice fundamental general testing, ...wow!!! lol!!

I (as I assume most others) were taught basic testing on one of these at college.
Also to get your inspection and testing certificate (c&g 2391 or whatever the new one is) you have to prove competence on a board similar to the one above.
At the end of the day it lets you learn and train in a controlled environment without the risk of injury or damage to anyone/anything else.

I keep meaning to build one myself to help train the apprentices at work as company policy says I cant let them rip on the dist boards (mostly 415v 3 phase so thats fair enough) It also would mean I can put faults on them easily for them to find without causing any issues.

Reply to practice test board in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net