Discuss Pratical Guide ??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

oldtimer

Hi anybody got a copy of Christopher Kitcher Practicle Guide to Inspection and testing and certification

Why well I tried to do Test 1 on App C P179 and found (so far ) 2 claring typos that does not instill me with confidance.
First question 3 4 double sockets on a 4mm radial calculate the r1 +r2 at each socket but if you check the answers on p210 gives the answers for 3 sockets instead of 4.

Second question 5 is a 4mm ring at 87 metres but the answer has the cable at 67 metre ?

Anybody else spotted this because I am starting doubt this book and does not help the novice starting out anyway

Hiya Pal,

I've got the book, and yes there are mistakes in the book.
All I can say in the way of encouragement is that you've 'found' the mistakes.

As long as you know how to work them out then you're fine. It's always best to try to work them out for yourself and then check the answers - that way you find such mistakes, instead of getting confused.

All the best with your studies.

Steve

Hi anybody got a copy of Christopher Kitcher Practicle Guide to Inspection and testing and certification

Why well I tried to do Test 1 on App C P179 and found (so far ) 2 claring typos that does not instill me with confidance.
First question 3 4 double sockets on a 4mm radial calculate the r1 +r2 at each socket but if you check the answers on p210 gives the answers for 3 sockets instead of 4.

Second question 5 is a 4mm ring at 87 metres but the answer has the cable at 67 metre ?

Anybody else spotted this because I am starting doubt this book and does not help the novice starting out anyway

Reply to Pratical Guide ??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock