Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, woud you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Pre Attendance Test 1 - Health & Safety Trades Gateway in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Connor Mennell

Connor Mennell EF Member

Anyone done this exam? I'll be sitting it my second time on the 15/3 and my god it is impossible. So many ambiguous answers and things where i just wasn't sure (even tried referring to my notes!) Can anyone offer help/advice to get me through this stage, due to personal problems im half way through the course but not even half way through the material so really need to get through this ASAP! Thanks very much all!

2. Connor Mennell

Connor Mennell EF Member

if anyone could message me with help that would be most appreciated.

3. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
  4. Tom Matthews

Tom Matthews New EF Member

Have you successfully done this?

I failed 4 times and now have this long assignment to do!

5. Rpa07

Rpa07 2000 posts - only 46379 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
  6. Green lid E Norfolk

Green lid E Norfolk EF Member

7. Green lid E Norfolk

I'm doing the Trades Gateway H&S test as part of the Domestic Electrical Installer Course. Failed it 4 times online and really struggling through the paper assignment which is mind numbingly w*nk! Did you pass it? I'd be interested to hear if you did. I'm so fed up with this course to the point where I feel like jacking it in.
    Good luck

8. Green lid E Norfolk

Also failed the farce of a test 4 times and now on paper assignment. Had enough of it!

9. Tom Matthews

Hey... I'm still working through this assignment... how far through are you?

Do you want to exchange email or something and support each other to get it done asap?

Tom

10. Green lid E Norfolk

Tom, I'm on page 37 Task 4. We'd need to make sure we are on the same assignment first. Text me on 07580 449020

11. Green lid E Norfolk

12. Tom Matthews

Hey, tried to message you.. is nothing coming through?

13. Green lid E Norfolk

Sorry Tom, my number is actually 07585 449020 try again bud.

14. hasib

hasib New EF Member

i need some real help for this assessment i m dyslexics and can do this long assignment i got the written form version 4 detached house refurbishment

15. Ionel Mantea

Ionel Mantea New EF Member

Hi fellas , im desperate :) i failed teh pre attendance test 3 times , ive noticed many ppl did, have anyone passed this test?can they share the results?
    Is there a fb page, or a whats up group, or anything where ppl talk beside this forum, on how far they got, or helping each other?
    Im also really curious , as they promised that in average they will put you to work after 9-12 months...is anyone in this situation? did they found a place to work?
    If people are coming together to help each other like Tom and Green lid, im in aswell.
    Thank you in advance.

16. Connor Mennell

Connor Mennell EF Member

Right guys, im sorry i've been away had problems with my account! Sorry in advance for my essay that is about to come.

The Pre-attendance test is dog .... excuse my language. I'm currently in a H&S role and i couldn't pass it, it's one of this A&B or A or B or Neither kind of things and isn't really a true exam, nor is reading through the 2 lots of H&S regs, which site managers don't even know all of it.

Speaking to other providers of similar courses the H&S test should be a simple test that you can work safely e.g. know colour bands of the extinguishers etc. Basically the customer service had no sympathy, i failed it 2/3 times and they mentioned if i failed it a fourth i get to do a written module instead (yay! no...) so talking with others apparently this is a stalling tactic by them as they may not actually have any practical courses at that time. Obviously only hear-say though. All in all I've heard the course is passable but is no where near what is advertised (qualification wise as well) and promised so I've taken them to the ombudsman. All i'll say is be careful too, although there is no chance of failure on this course, there is a 3 year cut off (which they seem to forget to mention to you in the initial interview).

Sorry i can't bring better news about these guys but they have been absolutely useless (along with their study material) since day 1 and unfortunately you can't really see how bad they are until you get to this first pre-attendance test. Long past the Credit agreement 14days..

If anyone wants an update from how i get on through the ombudsman just message me, I'm quite frequent on here now and after the disheartening from this course, i opted to go for a HNC in electrical and electronic engineer (which i'm thoroughly enjoying").

P.S. If you want a legit and very good company down in the south-east (Kent) look at able skills, my mate is going through them and has nothing but praise for them, has learnt a lot and be it open learning or at the centre, all the practical elements are very professional and beneficial to your skills.

Connor

17. Ionel Mantea

oh wow....did the ombudsman help you out to get all youre money back from t4s?

18. Connor Mennell

Connor Mennell EF Member

My complaint is in takes 12 weeks and I should be notified in about 2 weeks. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear. It is a course where people get legit qualfications but obviously the company themselves are not very good or reputable. I got strung in like most others by the salesman and before it got bad the 14 days loan agreement was up. Well mine was a year into it like others

19. Ionel Mantea

if i can ask you, for how long you where with this ....company?
    i think you said 1 year? and even after 1 years still no work provided?if i understand you corectly

20. Connor Mennell

Connor Mennell EF Member

I was with them well currently it's over 2 years but as I said the cracks in there course started to occur around a half a year to a year in. Yeah I've done no practical element not had any sign of this so called written assignment even 12 months after failing 3 times