Discuss Pricing Comercial job in London in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,
Is it fair to charge as per the following?
Cat 6 = £60 per point
Wall mounted double socket for TV supply=£163

Supply and fit two double sockets for pre-installed pre galv. Tubed screeded Floor Box = £220 per Floor box

Also how much should I charge to supply and fit a fire alarm panel for four sounders and four detectors?

Advice much appreciated

Thanks

£60 for a Cat6 point... is it fair?

If it cost you £1.50 in time and materials then probably not. Only you can answer whether it's fair or not based on the hourly rate you charge to make your overheads and some extra and the materials involved.

The thing with per point pricing is you need to be confident that your price covers the average case and accept that some points will cost you more and some less. As long as your over more than you're under, the price is golden because you're going to make money.

The wall mounted double socket... without knowing how far you've got to run cable and what routing options you have (if it's a newish commercial building, then your options are probably better than typical domestic). But if you said a couple of hours, 20m of cable and hardware, I'd be quite a bit cheaper than you. But I'm not in London.

Same with the socket outlets in the floor boxes. Depending on how much cable, if it's conduit between the boxes and you've got to run cable in them and to a board, £220 per box seems a little high, but without seeing the job it's hard to say.

As for the fire alarm panel... Hourly Rate x Time Needed = Labour Charge and add materials.

Without knowing the ins and outs of the job and your business, it's very difficult to say whether a price is right or fair. When I'm not sure, I think about what's involved and ask myself would I be happy to pay X for someone to come in and do that job? If the answer is no, then I revisit the pricing and just double check it for silly mistakes.

Reply to Pricing Comercial job in London in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net