Discuss Pricing Data instals in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys , Any thoughts to any pricing ? 7 data points cat5. 2 points on each outlet plate. any ideas on going rate is per point. 15m runs.
Also connections only, wants me to connect 14 cables to patch panel. just bare ends waiting for plugs and testing of each point .
Got idea of how it works just how to price it?
Also any tips for belling the cables through?

To be honest, I don't know, but advice I've been given in the past is make sure you have a decent punch tool to terminate the network cables in the sockets and the patch panel.

Also, Fluke have a network cable tester, Other manufacturers probably do too.
However if you don't have access to that, then you could always test it with a network switch and a computer. If you get green lights, then you have connection.

As for pricing, no idea.

I'll ask my manager and see what the cabling company that we use, charge. (They probably don't know though).

Same as above although about 5 years ago I knew someone installing at 100 quid per outlet. Though if you were on a big job you have to think of the runs and amount of cable your going to use. You need to calculate how much your materials are going to be and see if you can do it on a price per outlet or just put one big price in.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Maplins do a simple Lan tester for a tenner, it won't verify any data speeds but will show any termination faults, crossed pairs etc.

If you are going into data big time and full test results are needed then you need to budget around a minimum of £3k for the test equipment so you can warranty the cable install, then of course there is the fibre optic cable data installs and the kit needed to term and test this

All of a sudden a £100/point is not alot unless you get big multi point installs

If you are going into data big time and full test results are needed then you need to budget around a minimum of £3k for the test equipment so you can warranty the cable install, then of course there is the fibre optic cable data installs and the kit needed to term and test this

All of a sudden a £100/point is not alot unless you get big multi point installs

hahaah always a catch...yeah i hear ya.....Still to be honest data small doses for me.. the cable gets right up my nose sometimes. ehehheheheh..i seem to lose my patience with it......all other cable fine....

so yeah just odd little number here and there

Reply to Pricing Data instals in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net