Discuss Pricing help required in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Lozzer

Hi,

I have always worked for other people and have recently been asked by a builder to work direct for him. The job in question is a side single extension which is as follows:

Small shower room leading into a small utility leading into a larger living area.

Shower room is 4m long and 3m wide - four spot lights, 10mm T&E for shower feed, shower isolator, switches etc, extraction
Utility is the same size - four spot lights 3 x double sockets, extraction,
Living area 15m x 8m - nine spot lights, centre light, heat alarm, five double sockets, switches, heat alarm etc

Consumer unit is on the wall so very easy to access so nothing major to do there.

Two guys working, all first fix one and a half days.

What should I be charging for those works?

I have to do the second fix in a few weeks.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks mate.

Supply and fit of everything. Do I charge material at what they cost me or do I add anything on??

varies between people but id add between 10 and 20% to materials for your petrol and time sourcing the gear then add your labour at whatever rate you charge, for the hours youve worked, if your quoting upfront leave yourself some time for snagging/unexpected problems.

If you are going to make SE work, you need to work out all your costs, then add on the gross salary you would like the divide by 46 and then by 37.5 - that should give you a target "per hour" rate.

SE overheads will be about £500 per month

There are many factors to consider, many of which are personal to you.

1) What standard of living do you enjoy?
2) How busy are you - i.e. are you desperate for the work?
3) How much do you want the job - i.e. is the customer a pain in the backside, will the job be a pain in the backside, etc?
4) Is the job straight forward or are there a lot of unknowns?
5) Could the job lead to lots more work or just a one off? (Of course every job can lead to more work, but you will get a feel of how far you can push your price up.

I am an estimator for a commercial/industrial contractor and these are factors everyone - no matter how large or small - need to consider. As a self-employed electrician, the answers have to be answered by yourself.

Reply to Pricing help required in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock