Discuss Pricing problem? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

whits1

Hey all! ive been asked to quote for a 3 bed semi-detached property. its a full re-wire 3 bed including d/room, 5 d/sckts in lounge, 4 d/sckts in d/room, 4 in kitch + Cooker Switch & point and spurs for fan, D/W, W/M, and F/F.

s/sckt in hall and landing, 4 d/sckts in main bed and 3 d/sckts in other beds, 2x heat detects, 2 x co2 detects, 2x smokes, front and back o/s lights, obviously all lights, the consumer unit change, wire for combi heating, all earthing and bonding to current regs, testing all chased and plastered after, including all materials + light in loft and socket.
oh! and wire for electric shower!!

and its in central london.
and has to be completed in 2 days,

Think thats pretty much it,

was looking around £2500???

is that sounding about right anyone?
Thanks all

is it currently occupied?
if so whos going to move the furniture and lift carpets?
how many sparks, how many plasterers?
how quick can you normally turn a job of that size over in?

2 days?
How many men?

The total amount depends on the cost of materials, wages & % profit you wish to make, if £2.5K works out enough for you then it is the correct amount if it looks tight then add some more contingency, make sure your T&C's state exactly what is being supplied & installed & that any extra's may be at extra cost.

2x sparks, 1x labourer,
1x plasterer

occupied, us moving and lifting and sheeting up everything,

can usually re-wire in 1 day
maybe a couple of bits left while the day after!
and plastered 1 day

I am not casting aspersions

BUT I fail to see how one can do a quality install and through test in 2 days

I am not casting aspersions

BUT I fail to see how one can do a quality install and through test in 2 days

I agree cant see how u can rewire in 1 day its impossibe...

are you chopping in .

are you testing it.

i can do a rewire in a weekend but then there is 4 of us.

If you can rewire in one day i will pay u and your mate £500 a day to do my rewires.

i have a company with 12 lads 3 in each team they re-wire 1 house per day each team, then theres a plasterer come in the fo;llowing day, he plasters up - duh!, then a snagger the following day to mop up any bits and bats.
its easily done all rewires are well done and a decent job!
its easy when you have the right lads!
been doing it 8 years and a once you get in to the routine its great!
just have no idea how to price private jobs - especially in london! as im from the north.
we work on council properties on set prices labour only.
Thanks for all the replies.

if anyone else has any input to pricing private jobs it would be greatly appriciated.

cant believe central london would be 4-5K!!! thats amazing!

if you would like us to re-wire props in a day for you dont hesitate to drop me a PM.

Cheers all

We did the simplest of rewires not long back, 2 bed terrace, about 8 pendants and less than 20 double sockets, cooker feed, bonding, board and testing. No fans, outside lights, smokes, (all their own choice as rental property) nothing else. Unoccupied, all chased in, and no plastering. Dream job really. £2200 in the midlands.

Fair play to you for smashing them out like you do, but in London I don't think you really NEED to work like that. I think most will agree, £2500 is UNBELIEVABLY cheap down that way.

i have a company with 12 lads 3 in each team they re-wire 1 house per day each team, then theres a plasterer come in the fo;llowing day, he plasters up - duh!, then a snagger the following day to mop up any bits and bats.
its easily done all rewires are well done and a decent job!
its easy when you have the right lads!
been doing it 8 years and a once you get in to the routine its great!
just have no idea how to price private jobs - especially in london! as im from the north.
we work on council properties on set prices labour only.
Thanks for all the replies.

if anyone else has any input to pricing private jobs it would be greatly appriciated.

cant believe central london would be 4-5K!!! thats amazing!

if you would like us to re-wire props in a day for you dont hesitate to drop me a PM.

Cheers all

Are you chopping them in or are we talking about surface council rewires

I live in a poor part of the country and consider myself extra cheap,but even here I would be hard pushed to beat that price

For central london,the speed of job required and all other aspects,your price seems well below what would be considered a fair price for a skilled trade

too too cheap for london travelling, parking congestion charge? maybee. i could not stand the place when i worked down there

Totall lost for words, I can't belive you can do a flush rewire on a 3 bed 20 s/o 8 l/drops 8 switch drops 1 way 2 switch drops 2 way plaster and test inc carpet and furniture removals in two days - I bet it's not sugar you sprinkle on your cornflakes , As for cost materials about £ 500.00 so if you do it two days about right (pound notes though )

Totall lost for words, I can't belive you can do a flush rewire on a 3 bed 20 s/o 8 l/drops 8 switch drops 1 way 2 switch drops 2 way plaster and test inc carpet and furniture removals in two days - I bet it's not sugar you sprinkle on your cornflakes , As for cost materials about £ 500.00 so if you do it two days about right (pound notes though )

Is his name Billy Whizz lol :D

Reply to Pricing problem? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock