Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Pricing up jobs? Best way? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Moaz

Moaz Active EF Member

Guys, how do most of you price up work? If you're self employed? Do you go per point? Or see how long it will take you? What do you average per day? What do you tend to charge for your points? Roughly?

2. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

I tend not to price by point as it never seems to work out for me and is a ballache to figure out when every job differs in situation and effort.

I price by time and materials using experience. This experience has come by making many pricing mistakes and is probably only relevant to the type of customers I have and the local area I work in. ie it's hard to define and may not be much help to you anyway.

I'd like to enter this post for least helpful post of the year if there is such an award.

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    Not much use to you but there is no hard and fast rule as if its say a full or partial rewire then a per point plus x amount on top as a margin might work; but on smaller jobs you pretty much need to go on time, if the job will take half a day including travel, admin etc then price it to reflect what you expect to earn and your over heads + materials for the half days work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Per point only works on rewires

Anything else is calculated based on experience

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    I do £50 per point works out quite well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i use both methods and if the 2 results are within 20% of each other, i think i got it right. so i usually split the difference.

• Like Like x 2