Discuss Pricing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

axel132132

Soo my pricing atm is all over place as i dont have much work to be able to price average so doing it fairly affordable so that i win it!

Would you say £6680 for a rewire is expensive for a large house

the house has

GARAGE
KITCHEN
UTILITY
LIVING ROOM 1
LIVING ROOM 2
EXTENSION
HALLWAY
BATHROOM CUPBOARD
DOWNSTAIRS BATHROOM
STUDY
BED 1
BED 2
BED 3
BED 4
STAIRWAY
WALK IN WARDROBE
CUPBOARD
OUTSIDE LIGHTS
UP HALL
DOWN HALL
UP BATHROOM

there is about 52 LED down lights, 40 Chrome Sockets, 10 Chrome TV points, 5 Chrome telephone points, 2 cooker points, 2 electric showers, spurs and isolators and white sockets for washing machine etc. 8 10 watt LED outside lights

Way i priced it was i recon it will take me about 3 weeks to 1st + 2nd fix the job of that size maybe 4.. I priced it for parts + £2000 as i had no other idea how to do it lol.

Bearing in mind i want to be fairly cheap so that i win it, as this guy has Lots of contacts and i have no work!

I have the job at first glance and a wild stab in the dark obviously at £7,900 plus vat, thats a lot of downlighters and all chrome kit?? JMO

Depends on whether you need the work, THEN GO WITH YOUR GUT INSTINCT

Is that in the huddersfield area? Im north yorkshire, same as MDJ i'd be 7grand + not really sure to be fair without properly working it out. Different values in different areas isn't it. If you're going to make a nice little sum for yourself, and it'll keep you busy for a while then go for it at that price.

Been hard to advise on something like this to be fair, like you say you're wanting the work so...all i can do is be unhelpfull and say its up to you mate.

If your not sure about pricing get a professional who does and keep the price between the 2 of you and if he is a lot cheaper than you put 15% onto his price and you give them that quote if you get the job get the bloke to do it at his price. You make 15%

Sounds like an awful lot of kit for the price you have quoted, I would shop around for the lights and chrome stuff, or get the customer to buy them, cause if there £20 each that's a grand straight away

If I use fancy fittings I'd price as normal then add the material cost of anything flashy on to the top.

I'm still learning and have a lot to learn but rather than just trying to be cheapest why not use your time and discus in detail with the customer exactly what they want give them many options make them feel like a one to one service,
i just think its not always cheapest route is best

taking 2 grand for it, working 5 days a week for 4 weeks gives you £100 day rate. up to you, is not that bad, working for yourself.
some guy in jobs sections is looking for sparks for one day occupied rewires, paying £100 a day but its a really hard messy work.

£50 a point is reasonable but not if its chrome or a led light fitting which dependant what the wholesalers are offering can be between £30-40 each,at a guess id say £3k + on materials.Client thinks £3k wow i didnt realise you can get brushed chrome sockets for £1.50 or led downlights for £5.some people,hope you get it,ive been in similar position with pricing recently,id rather have some work then nowt especially with 2 kids to feed,so although im not going to be sunning myself abroad this year again im keeping the wolves from the door,for now anyway,good luck

I'm still learning and have a lot to learn but rather than just trying to be cheapest why not use your time and discus in detail with the customer exactly what they want give them many options make them feel like a one to one service,
i just think its not always cheapest route is best

I completely agree. If you invest a bit of time at the quoting stage then not only are you more likely to get the job, but in the long run it you don't actually spend more time cause you get a much higher percentage of the jobs you quote for.

If a job's worth more than a couple of hundred then I always email the customer with a written quote on fancy letterhead. Also, if the customer doesn't seem entirely sure what they want then I'll make sure I price for different alternatives. I often find that once they've got to the effort of deciding which 'optional extras' they want they can't even be bothered to go to the trouble of getting quotes from other sparks.

Recently I've put together a bag of 'samples' of a few different types of decorative sockets, so customers don't have to go to B&Q. Goes down very well.

As Dim Bulb says, its not all about price.

Usually i will put a base figure per point depending on the wiring method required which includes the labour and wiring. Then i would add the price of the fitting on top.
If there are say more than 20 points i then would consider knocking say a fiver per point off if the install was relatively easy.

Reply to Pricing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock