Discuss Pricing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Can anyone give me an idea of costing for domestic installations per point i.e price per socket outlet, lighting point, mains/cc and earthing etc?
New to being selfemployed so any help appreciated folks:hurray:

£450 a point. Sit back and watch the work roll in!!

Rotter!

OP - you need to figure this out for yourself, really. Only you know your operating costs.

Operating Costs + Profit you want to achieve / work achievable by point per month = price per point. TBH, it's a crap way of pricing for work and I don't use it!

Yea sure and if you live round the corner from me ......................................................

Figure out the hourly rate you'll need then take that figure and use it in the sum-

Material cost +( number of hours estimated for completion of the job X Hourly rate)=Price to customer

top fella, thanks for your input mate:8:
Rotter!

OP - you need to figure this out for yourself, really. Only you know your operating costs.

Operating Costs + Profit you want to achieve / work achievable by point per month = price per point. TBH, it's a crap way of pricing for work and I don't use it!

check earthing before doing anything and put that into the quote. i usually charge £50 a socket £35 a light depending how complicated the routes are and if they are chased/ trunked.

I have never priced per point.
you know the speed that you work, you know what you are comfortably able to do within an hour/day.
give it a best guess as to how long it will take you, price the materials and add 20% to the price you pay your supplier , add the 2 together, you have your price.

Or you could lick your finger, put it in the air and tell them it's £1000 per switch £1500 per socket, although you can drop to 900 a piece if there's more than 1 of each item

As mentioned above work out your hourly rate based on your overheads and what you need to break even then add the materials cost with a small markup of say 10% and overall don't forget to add another percentage for your profit to grow the business like 10% or something e.g. hourly rate + Materials (and markup) + a growth profit of 10%. See how this works for you, but don't forget your running around to get the materials and travel to the job, include this time in your hourly rate.

Seeing as you've had 16 posts and no answer I thought I'd give you one...
Around £50 for double socket, spur, pendant, light switch etc
Although to be honest Im starting to think for me this doesnt really cut it anymore and will prob charge £60 per socket in future if it needs chasing.

Obviously you will do some sockets in half an hour, others will take 2. Swings and roundabouts.

Reply to Pricing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock