Discuss Probably will be a daft question, but being an oldie I'll ask it anyway in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

The National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting

It's the wording too, The National Inspection Council. It sounds like law. It's misleading.
Thing is they were ince upon a time held in high esteem in the industry, but since the Part P fiasco has started they have just been about chasing the ££££

This is my problem, I need to know how, it's just that I was led to believe I have to be part of a scheme. I really do not know my options.
I don't want to give my money away to a scheme who just in it for profits, whilst I advertise there logo on my clothes hoping it will get me more work for more pay.

the confusion arises between approved electrician and approved contractor.

an approved electrician is one who has got qualifications and experience to apply for and obtain the approved electrician's JIB card. membership of a scheme is totally irrelevant.

an approved contractor is one who (irrespective of qualifications) has shown jobs to a scam provider and complies with their rules. ( and paid them a fortune for the privilege).

it's the latter case that is required to comply with part pee notification, or used to be before the scams got their noses in the trough and created a new title of ( ach,spit) domestic installer, a large percentage of which have poor training, next to nil experience, but keep the trough brim full for the scams and the Electrical Trainee traning providers.

My jib/ecs gold card status is "approved electrician". The card has a list of gained qualifications on the rear. This title was automatically given to me after i applied for the card following my ecs health and safety exam. I can only assume that having a certain level of qualification entitles the recipient to be graded as such, nothing to do with niceic, napit, elecsa or part p.

My jib/ecs gold card status is "approved electrician". The card has a list of gained qualifications on the rear. This title was automatically given to me after i applied for the card following my ecs health and safety exam. I can only assume that having a certain level of qualification entitles the recipient to be graded as such, nothing to do with niceic, napit, elecsa or part p.
What qualifications do you have and what are your experiences within this Trade?

Pete, my backround is as follows, apprenticeship from school with british timken for 4 years in 1990. Gained my city and guilds 236 pt 1&2, city and guilds 2391 and the 238 17th edition. Since worked mainly within the new build residential sector, so as you can see nothing special about my qualifications or history.

Reply to Probably will be a daft question, but being an oldie I'll ask it anyway in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net