Discuss Problem Building my own electric skateboard in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,
I bought a motor for the skateboard and a ESC to control the speed , so i found this (80A) and bought it .
someone told me that the motor and the ESC do not fit together and it won't work for me , is it correct ? and if so what cheap ESC do you recommend?

thank you :)

Hello,
I bought a motor for the skateboard and a ESC to control the speed , so i found this (80A) and bought it .
someone told me that the motor and the ESC do not fit together and it won't work for me , is it correct ? and if so what cheap ESC do you recommend?

thank you :)
Going to want a very long extension lead Mate

Well it looks like the ESC won't get the best out of the motor although it should work. At a quick glance you have a sensored motor but a sensorless ESC, so it will behave as a sensorless motor and may give cogging efffects. Also, the ESC is only rated for 6S LiPo (i.e. 6 cells in series) but you need 8 to get max power from the motor. Be generous with the ESC rating if you want long life and reliability.

does it grind on your nerves.
upload_2018-11-2_6-43-32.jpeg

Well it looks like the ESC won't get the best out of the motor although it should work. At a quick glance you have a sensored motor but a sensorless ESC, so it will behave as a sensorless motor and may give cogging efffects. Also, the ESC is only rated for 6S LiPo (i.e. 6 cells in series) but you need 8 to get max power from the motor. Be generous with the ESC rating if you want long life and reliability.
well then what ESC do i need to buy for it to work smooth?
and also what batteries do i need to buy?
dont have a lot of money so i need something cheap :)
(aliexpress links plz)

Reply to Problem Building my own electric skateboard in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net