Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss problem of circuit protection in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. hamanor

hamanor Guest

Hello, after shutdown of power supply ,at the next time of start, my water pump it is breakdown. I think my circuit protection is not approperiate, because it is the second breakdown !!

please,how to protect my installation correctly.
    thank you

2. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

Jemapell trev, j habite uk Yellow pages ??

3. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    bonjour, trev. comment allez vous?

4. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

What mate ???

5. Sintra

Sintra The Innkeeper Staff Member

Try a DOL starter with correctly sized overload.

6. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

Is this water pump for a pressurized water supply system to your house??

If so, your pump should incorporate a thermal overload device as well as an over pressure cut out, normally all mounted on the pump motor casing. Maybe all you need to do is reset the overload/reset button. Sometimes, depending if the pump was running at the time of a power cut, or when power is restored, can cause a current spike that will trip the the integral motor protection.

Get a local electrician to check your motor and it's controls out, if this is an ongoing problem for you!!