Discuss Problem quadruplex mdoule in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

barry1984

Hi all, installed dual satellite cable from dish to cupboard then a dual sat cable from cupboard to where main sky point will be and joined the 2 using the correct joiners and connectors.
Connected both to a Hamilton version of this
LAP TV, FM & 2 Satellite Quadruplex Grid Module White | Multi Outlet Sockets | screwflix..com

both sky feeds are showing good strength on the sky menu but I am getting no signal on the TV output. Re-tuned TV and zero stations found!

Any idea where I'm going wrong as I thought the quad module would give a UHF signal to give digital free view channels?

Thanks!

The customer has a new wps wireless sky had box which now has no RF output on the back so I am having to buy an iO link to send the sky round the rest of the house. Just don't know why I'm getting no TV signal off the quad unit!

Barry they are just filters to block rf,......sat 1, sat 2 lnb`s plus tv aerial connect to the Quad outlet via the rear. This then allows quick connection to the sky box, via fly leads. Idea is all coax cables can be buried in the wall, and the quad allows outputs to sky box.

From your description of what you have done, you have not fed a tv signal in so you will not get one out. You must combine a uhf feed with one of the sat if feeds and then connect that feed to the correct input so that the diplexer can re-seperate the two different frequencies.
You need a satellite if and uhf combiner somewhere along the cable that feeds the side of the outlet with the tv output. A combiner and a diplexer are the same item, just depends which way round you fit it as to what it's operation is so you are looking for either item.

edit - satellite if = intermediate frequency, not a typo!

Last edited:
Not a modulated signal. The op is trying to get satellite and terrestrial to come out of the outlet socket. The opening post states that he cannot tune in to the digital freeview channels. From his description he has fed satellite in so he can get satellite out. He has not fed terrestrial in so cannot get it out. He has already stated that he has ordered the correct component to deal with the modulated output and therefore can combine this with the digital signals, once they are there.
edit : see what my wife means about how I can come across sometimes!!!

Last edited:
Hi thanks for all the replies. I was trying to get UHF signal to the quad plate and have realised that I needed to add the UHF signal to the sat 1 cable via an expander from the booster so all done now. Thanks for your help

Don't mind me while I bump some old threads. Just doing the rounds. Ignore the thread if it's not current topic, it'll soon drop off the list, but if the thread interests you, feel free to reply. :)

Reply to Problem quadruplex mdoule in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock