Discuss Problem with Aqualisa Digital Quartz Shower... in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jgordon

Hi there

I have a Digital Quartz shower which ceased working a couple of weeks back. The red led (which also flashes blue occasionally) on the switch was consistently flashing red and no water was coming out.

I have had the combi boiler serviced, I checked the feeds were the right way round, I checked for blockage and then dismantled the processor to check for anything obvious. It has power, hot and cold water and there are no blockages on the outlet.

I spoke with Aqualisa who told me it's the processor, I checked on Ebay etc for replacement then just thought I' far better off getting it direct from them because of the warranty. The black standard unit arrived (previous one was the old grey type), I've installed it, set the switch to "combi" and kept max temperature low just in-case there was in large inbalance of pressure between hot and cold feeds.

It's still doing exactly the same thing!, obviously now I'm ÂŁ300 down and still no further towards fixing the problem. I cannot believe after scouring the internet high and low many times there is no where that has a key for the sequence of the flashing light on the remote switch and in no literature from Aqualisa does there fault finding cover anything other then very basic causes for very basic symptoms.

Has anyone ever had a broken switch and did it cause this problem?. I knew problem I seem to have with the new processor is it now lets a slow trickle of cold water through constantly. This happened when I first plumbed the new processor in but I thought the problem would go when I powered it up... it didn't. I've left the processor in situ and have switched the feeds of at the isolation valves. Could it possible I've got a dodgy old and new processor??

Any help anyone could share from past experiences would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

James

Thanks Marvo, I've printed those off previously and whilst helpful they have no indication of what the problem can be unfortunately, thanks for your help of course. James

Reply to Problem with Aqualisa Digital Quartz Shower... in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net