Discuss problem with making circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Gktssm

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help me. I have an assignment to do and i have no idea how to make circuit for the 16A TP_N, welding equipments, door control. I have attached a pic so plz if anyone can help.

Thanks.

And What about the wiring on the left side for lighting and radial? Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20140322_194823.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 199
wow ! nice waste of cable on the left side lights lol ;-)

well door control & welding will be dedicated radials , so decide what sort of cable you want to use , work out the loading amps , then measure the length of each circuit.
and from there you can do the full cable calc to confirm the correct size csa.

that looks suspiciously like a C&G drawing ??............. ;-)

wow ! nice waste of cable on the left side lights lol ;-)

well door control & welding will be dedicated radials , so decide what sort of cable you want to use , work out the loading amps , then measure the length of each circuit.
and from there you can do the full cable calc to confirm the correct size csa.

that looks suspiciously like a C&G drawing ??............. ;-)

2396 project?

What exactly are you struggling with?
Might be better if you posted up your thoughts and we can help from there
I am confused about this 16A TPN (switched fuse disconnecors) inside the worshop all around the wall and 230v 4kw and 3kw (welding equipment). Shall i connect them in one circuit or what to do?

welding equip will need a seperate circuit for each unit.
welding equip will need type D mcbs
welding equip is best wired in swa if its in an industrial environment........

there , i've shown unprecedented mercy and given you a head start.........

Thanks

Not necessarily so, You could install a circuit with the provision of say 3 welding outlets, The outlets providing convenient means of connection at different locations/positions around th premises. eg, ..A single welding machine, with a circuit that can supply that welding machine at several locations...

I would think heavy gauge screwed metal conduit to be far superior to SWA cable in an industrial environment myself!!

Im guessing this hasn't been dropped in your lap without preparation, you teaching and notes and books you use will have all the relevant info' within them, as we are not on your course it may be the fact we can see various ways of doing this where as your course is looking for a specific design related to your tutoring, if you waltz in with a set-up beyond what you have been taught then alarm bells may ring that you haven't done the work yourself.

I understand it can be confusing but your notes and books are your best source here, what do they say about designing such a set up?

Im guessing this hasn't been dropped in your lap without preparation, you teaching and notes and books you use will have all the relevant info' within them, as we are not on your course it may be the fact we can see various ways of doing this where as your course is looking for a specific design related to your tutoring, if you waltz in with a set-up beyond what you have been taught then alarm bells may ring that you haven't done the work yourself.

I understand it can be confusing but your notes and books are your best source here, what do they say about designing such a set up?
Could find any info thats why needed help from the big Boys.

Reply to problem with making circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net