Discuss problem with pirs, in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

U

underpar12

hi can anyone help , just been called to luxury 4 storey flats.the problem is the internal staircase lights,there is 4 floors with 4 p,i,r, sensors and 30 lights in the staircase.any pir turns on all lights from any floor it has a overide swich grid and a emergency grid switch. all pir have been changed within the last 16, months. the problem is the lights are on permanentley, have checked grid switches there ok,have disconnected all pirs,turned all times down.connected one pir up at a time still on permantley,should i start dropping light fittings know to see and check switch wire is not touching the perm live

Are the lights on on all floors? Are they on the same circuit via a contactor? Is there an independent grid switch on each floor?

Are the pir sensor operating as the only switch or is there a bypass for each floor?

Trying to understand the setup as much as I can.

Last edited:
Had the same prob a few months back.

In the end i gave up and just renewed all the PIR's and that cured it.

Never been back since :)

Disconnect and remove all known PIR's and overide switches and see if they stay on then....if they do there is either another control device/switch you dont know about or a wiring fault.

Reply to problem with pirs, in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, I have an outside light that is turned on with a switch from inside and would like to change it to a PIR version incorporating an...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
I have replaced a staircase timer because the previous one was fault. There was a problem the light stayed on all the time. When i replaced the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Been asked to fit 2 lights and a switch, which in reality turned out to be rewiring a multiple PIR setup to a single switch, adding...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock