Discuss Problem with Veritas 8 in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

proudon

Hi Evryone

I have an alarm Veritas 8 which operated for 12 years well. I have eight zones and yesterday (suddenly - broke down the battery and took off to buy new) gives me the following problem:

Three zones are flashing just give part and if I remove connections and send it to another band leaving three licenses then led the three zones are lit steadily. If the jumper then blink everything again part. In full I have 9 Beeps (I read that is tamper) but again the led is lighted.

Thanks a lot

Sorry haven`t a clue what you are saying.....do you mean 3 zones are showing up when setting the system....are they all pir detectors...? if so check fuses

I had check the fuses. The 3 led of 3 zones are lighting when the wires are on. When I take out the wires the 3 led is on (no lihgting).

Thanks

I can see you are from Greece, and language could be a problem......led on a zone = active/open. check that led on pir activates when you move infront of detector.....

Check the terminations for the DC supply for the PIR's in the panel, after changing the battery you may have knocked/pulled one of them out? You may want to check with a DC meter the voltage at each PIR.

Tazz is the man to talk to about these things. The above is just what I would at first.

Sorry for my bad English. The panel can't be on when I put it on Part (or on full) and for this reason I can't look if activates when I move infront of detector (if I understand well). I will look with a DC tester the PIR 's (I think on panel not outside off it) in the afternoon when I will come back.

Thanks

I had a small personal problem and for this reason I left for some days.

The problem with my Veritas is still there. I put in 5 (1,2,3,4,8) zones and the other 3 (5,6,7) I left them free (no zone no cable). When I put part the leds of 3 zones (5,6,7) are still on. If I shorted any one of 5,6,7 zone, the led start flashing after some beeps (I think 9 beeps).

I hope you will understand me better now

Thanks a lot

Don't knpw if you have tried this but I I would diconnect the power and battery then press reset whilst initialising a few times to reset to factory settings and start again

Don't knpw if you have tried this but I I would diconnect the power and battery then press reset whilst initialising a few times to reset to factory settings and start again

Thanks byt I had done it first of all. Now it is in factory settings. I put all of the zones to 1-4 and 8 (I leave free 5.6 and 7 that they had the problem) and the veritas looks like to work ( I must try all of the zones). But the three led (5.6 and 7) are open when I put part and the are flashing when I shorted them. 141

Reply to Problem with Veritas 8 in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net