Discuss Problems about IDMT relay in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Peter Pun

Today i found that there are two questions about IDMT relay which i dont know how to answer.
1. What will haggen if electrician forget to insert the "plug" in the IDMT protection relay?
2. Discrimination is important in electric circuit protection. Please tell me how to apply the plug settings of the overcurrent to achieve discrimination of the IDMT protection relay R1 and R2 (consider the type of IDMT protection relays, overload and short circuit fault. No calculation is required)
thank you very much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 41
This isn't really my area of expertise but I've had some experience. With the relays I've seen the multiplier plug has several possible positions and if it's left out entirely the relay would be at its lowest sensitivity. Usually discrimination would involve setting increasing time delays as you progress along the radial feeder.

**Edit** Is this some kinda homework question?

Last edited:

Reply to Problems about IDMT relay in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Firstly, please go easy as I'm still a trainee! Working on my L3 2365 I'm having trouble understanding the rationale behind adiabatics...
Replies
Views
Ive got a problem with relay coils shorting out. 24v DC coils, measure 1k ohm As soon as I apply voltage they short out and put the power...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My question relates to the omission of overcurrent protection (specifically overload and fault protection) at the origin of an...
Replies
Views
Hey there, Sorry I’ve just joined up. I’m a qualified electrician/Electrical engineer. Recently sat my 2391-52. My question is I had a fault...
Replies
Views
Slightly strange one this, replaced a few socket fronts in a dining room today, all wiring original but new plasterboard on a studded wall. Its a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock