Discuss Problems with bathroom mirror. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sam400

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all,
After a bit of help with a mirror that's playing up, it has led lights round the perimeter and de mist etc you know the ones. It's switched by a pir that you wave your hand under.
Strange thing is when you operate the dimmer in the adjacent bedroom the mirror switchs on and off!
Any ideas?

Cheers

Sam

yea it's fully rewired, I supplied the dimmer it's a sclomore click one running enlite E8s
Customer supplied mirror came from somewhere online but I fitted it.
Finished the job 2 months back but they only just noticed it.
You have to adjust the dimmer just right to get it to do it, does it in middle of the range.
Ive discovered that when you cover the PIR up it doesn't do it.
Really weird

It's rotary dim, push for on/off, when you push on and off it doesn't do it!
There a sweet spot in the dimmer you have to rock it past and it does it!

I am gonna have to take it apart but it's flat plate screwless on brand new wall paper - not fun!

Def P/Live to mirror works a treat with bed lights off!

I had a LED tech guy out to repair some mains LED tape downstairs got him to look at it and he was equally baffled!

Maybe the simple answer is the dimmer is trucked!

Quite possibly!
Be interested to know how adjusting a dimmer in one room is triggering a PIR in an other!

Thinking about it I've got an occupancy sensor in bathroom as well, it's driving LED tape, not sure if it's IR but it probably is and that works fine!

I used to have a touch dimmer light switch in a living room, which would turn off my TV sometimes when I touched it.
Figured the heat signature matched the TV's IR remote controller.
Never managed to get it to turn on the TV or change channels.

Reply to Problems with bathroom mirror. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net