Discuss problems with test results in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Right i recon i have a n earth fault on a lighting circuit on that side of the red and also a crossed n on the other

I recon this is my problem hammy

Any ideas on the different zs values I'm getting from my dialog tester on the same socket chaps ?

You said that the Ze is 0.5
Im guessing its a tns & not tncs then as its over the 0.35 Ze max

If using 2.5 (1.5) T&E

Zs 0.98 - Ze 0.5 = 0.48

4 ÷ (2.5 + 1.5) x 0.48 = 0.3

r2 = 0.3 ohms
r1 = 0.18

Roughly lol, Am i close?
You said that the Ze is 0.5
Im guessing its a tns & not tncs then as its over the 0.35 Ze max

If using 2.5 (1.5) T&E

Zs 0.98 - Ze 0.5 = 0.48

4 ÷ (2.5 + 1.5) x 0.48 = 0.3

r2 = 0.3 ohms
r1 = 0.18

Roughly lol, Am i close?
Are you answering post 3?

I seem to recall, I might be wrong, one of our more eminent members describing a situation where a neutral earth fault on a circuit could trip an RCD that is not protected by?

Reply to problems with test results in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening everyone, I was taught when carrying out Zs testing to test both L-PE and L-N and record the highest result of the two tests for my Zs...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I'm having trouble diagnosing a fault on a customers downstairs socket ring, which only ever trips when the washing machine is used. The...
Replies
Views
I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to look at this report as the customer has been given (in their words) 'A very high quote plus VAT'. It doesn't look well...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock