Discuss Problems with veritas 8 alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

stormtrooper677

Hi, Could you please give me some advice - I have the veritas 8 alarm with keypad and today I had to turn the mains off to do some diy work. When I turned it off within 2 minutes the alarm started beeping and the alarm went off inside and outside the house. I tried to reset it but it wasn’t having any of it. It eventually stopped going off of its own accord. However the alarm panel is now frozen with 7 of the 8 zone lights showing as red, along with the tamper light flashing red and the unset is steady green. The keypad won’t take any numbers and is dead and won’t reset for me and the box outside the house is still flashing away but not making any noise which is good for the neighbours and my sanity. What is the best thing course to action for me to take now to get it back to normal.
Thanks

The panel requires a full nvm reset, so consult the install manual

Hi - thanks for your reply, forgive my ignorance on this matter as i am no expert on alarm/panels etc, but how would i carry out the nvm reset you mention for the alarm? we have no user manual to refer to as alarm already installed when we moved in.

Thanks in advance.

Hi - thanks for your reply, forgive my ignorance on this matter as i am no expert on alarm/panels etc, but how would i carry out the nvm reset you mention for the alarm? we have no user manual to refer to as alarm already installed when we moved in.

Thanks in advance.
I would probably try and get the alarm manual, I did notice most products in screwfix online have a link to download a pdf manual and if they sell the veritas then your sorted,failing that try veritas own website or google.

Ps if you find the manual you may feel able to undertake the procedure,if you are not a competent electrician BEWARE you could very easily trash the panel and need to replace it or worse you could get electric shock. For these reasons I would recommend you consult a competent electrician/alarm engineer.

Hi
try disconnecting battery then mains.
Count to 10 then connect battery black then battery red.
Panel should bleep all leds lit.
Put your code in.
Tamper showing.
Put panel lid on .
Connect mains.
Press reset .
If not ok now sounds as though panel shot.

An NVM (factory reset) is the only way to reset a locked panel, hence the manual so the OP can program his own settings and code

Hi
Put your code in.
Tamper showing.
Put panel lid on .
Connect mains.
Press reset .

Hi
Put your code in.
Tamper showing.
Put panel lid on .
Connect mains.
Press reset .

Hi - my thanks for all replies regarding this little problem i had - particularly plantpots step by step guide which has helped me set the alarm back to normal for me! I also intend to now purchase a new battery for the alarm with. The one in situ is a 12v 1.2ah giving a backup of an hour if required - however would i be ok to replace this with a 12v 3.4ah to allow more back up time if required?

Cheers!

Hi - my thanks for all replies regarding this little problem i had - particularly plantpots step by step guide which has helped me set the alarm back to normal for me! I also intend to now purchase a new battery for the alarm with. The one in situ is a 12v 1.2ah giving a backup of an hour if required - however would i be ok to replace this with a 12v 3.4ah to allow more back up time if required?

Cheers!

You can fit up to a 7AH battery in a Veritas panel

Glad you sorted it .
I know a 2.1ah fits.its the pysical size of 3.4 that matters as they all vary in shape and size.

Plantpot - i took your advice (again) and stuck to purchasing a smaller sized ah battery and this fits fine into the panel - so am now fully sorted with alarm back to normal and back up. Many thanks again for your time with the issues i had - it is very much appreciated.

Cheers!

I'm having a similar issue, I disconnected mains power and battery back up to enable me to replace the remote keypad, when I have reconnected the power the alarm is constantly sounding and will not reset at all

I have a similar problem. I disconnected mains power and battery back up to enable me to replace the remote keypad, when I reconnected the power the alarm is constantly sounding and will not reset at all, any pointers are appreciated

I have a similar problem. I disconnected mains power and battery back up to enable me to replace the remote keypad, when I reconnected the power the alarm is constantly sounding and will not reset at all, any pointers are appreciated
Have you checked all the fuses

I have reset it now with the engineer code but am unable to arm it using my personal code, it will arm in a fashion by pressing part/full but flashes up zones 5,6,7 whilst arming

try the engineer code backwards. if it works, that is your default user code.

Reply to Problems with veritas 8 alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock