Discuss Professional indemnity insurance required? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

saint

-
Reaction score
Hi all

A question for those of you pricing your own PV systems and advising on expected FIT returns etc.
Do you have PI insurance to cover you against possible errors in your advice?
Is this a requirement of MCS?
What kind of premium should i expect to pay?

I'm pricing a job for my MCS assessment and i only have public liability insurance currently.

Thanks

Wasn't a requirement via NICEIC but I have considered it. Any estimate or quotation has to have a estimated yield stated on it but it also has to carry a disclaimer with it stating that a system like PV can not be guaranteed.

did you make up a disclaimer or have you used a standard one?

Used the one shown from the MCS3002

“The performance of solar PV systems is impossible to predict with certainty due to the variability
in the amount of solar radiation (sunlight) from location to location and from year to year. This
estimate is based upon the Government's standard assessment procedure for energy rating of
buildings (SAP) and is given as guidance only. It should not be considered as a guarantee of
performance."

I hope you don't mind me adding to your thread. We are approached on a fairly regular basis to arrange PI cover for Energy Consultants and similar. If you wanted to obtain a quote you can do so on our website - www.jhib.co.uk/professional-indemnity where you can get a quote.

Online isn't everybody's cup of tea so please call me if you would like to discuss the options etc. 01270 252 252/ 0800 074 35 35

Philip.

I am agree to visit this site and read this post.Because this post has many important things. I am really happy for knowing this great post.

Reply to Professional indemnity insurance required? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock