Discuss Proposal to ban cash payments? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What I object to are the charges that banks charge me for paying in cheques and cash

Cheques - I use their machine

Cash - I pay into my personal account (no charge) then BACs it into my business account

Does not affect me. I get the odd cash payment , dont bother paying it into the bank, just show it in quickbooks. cheques are a pain in the arse and cost me a small fortune to process. They should ban cheques.

They should ban cheques.

more to the point. they should ban banks. robbing bar stewards.

Say what you like about cash, there's no denying,getting a thousand in £20 notes to stuff in your pocket feels great ;)
A lot better than looking at the numbers on a screen a couple of days later
It's not safe to do that, you might get robbed on your way to the bank, you know, to pay it in.

It's not safe to do that, you might get robbed on your way to the bank, you know, to pay it in.

Na sparks burnout,no chance of that,too many years spent cuddling wads of them,that is until they reside nice and comfortable in my home

There is no chance of them wandering into other peoples clutches,if someone decided to try and rob me,they had better be prepared for the stakes to be the winner lives

what's my uncle drac got to do with the thread?

upload_2018-3-14_22-19-37.jpeg

Na sparks burnout,no chance of that,too many years spent cuddling wads of them,that is until they reside nice and comfortable in my home

There is no chance of them wandering into other peoples clutches,if someone decided to try and rob me,they had better be prepared for the stakes to be the winner lives
agree. a kop end kiss or a Rhondda rumble soon deters scroats.

not by blood, but he lived 3 miles from me in Stoke when he was at the top of the game.

who says you going to pay a grand into the bank? keep it in house. beer and smokes for the next 3 months.
3 Months? a month uppp North surely.

The idea behind all this "cashless society", is so that you have to have all your money in a bank account. Then, all our bank friends will get their heads together and make sure they all start to charge negative interest rates. They have already muted this. As long as they all do it, it won't matter if you threaten to go elsewhere, because, basically, you won't be able to. It's just a money making scheme driven by the banks, and it has to be opposed at every opportunity. It is obviously attractive to the likes of HMRC as then they won't have to try and chase up traders undertaking cash transactions. Fortunately, I can't really see it ever happening in the real world.

Reply to Proposal to ban cash payments? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net