Discuss Prospective Fault Current in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

ringer

-
Reaction score
I was under the impression that PFC is the greater of either the PEFC or the PSSC.
Now look at this article (endorsed by the NIC) on Voltimum....

Voltimum Q&A

I am assuming that the guy's tester is indicating over-range on the PSSC measurement.
Apart from the fact that the way it is written does not make sense (both grammatically and literally), this surely is incorrect advice?
Or am I missing something?

Totally wrong IMO

Badly written question .

? >19.9 what and 8.7 what ?

Where does the 8kA come from in the answer.

I would imagine the question has been typed incorrectly in the first place!

have another read - I have a feeling someone might have told them and they have corrected the article as it makes a bit more sense now. So anyone reading this thread will probably wonder what we are all on about.... ;)

The article seem ok to me. Although the readings are somewhat indicating a problem neutral to earth not being linked out properly somewhere.

I wonder what the loop readings were further down the line, at one of the DBs?

Yes, they have altered the answer, but not the question. The question still does not read right (grammatically/literally), but at least the answer now makes sense.

Reply to Prospective Fault Current in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net