Discuss Protective measures for fault protection in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes ADS or EEBAD

Presence of Earthing conductor, CPC, PDC,Sup's if req'd, etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
But not all the installations we work on are 17th edition compliant, so the use of EEBADS is still justified IMO

Sure. But the OP stated certificate not report, so I can only guess that it isn't a periodic for this reason and is therefore some kind of installation certificate. Therefore it must be installed to the 17th (unless it was designed to the 16th - I doubt it) so would have to be ADS, no?

With respect, if the main bonds etc are say 6mm eg 15th edition, then they are adequate but do not conform to current regulations. Therefore I would say EEBADS is appropriate.

My opinion may differ from others.

With respect, if the main bonds etc are say 6mm eg 15th edition, then they are adequate but do not conform to current regulations. Therefore I would say EEBADS is appropriate.

My opinion may differ from others.

I was going to come back with a counter argument, but I've been there before on this forum and I can't be a**ed tonight!

Let's agree to disagree!! :)

Reply to Protective measures for fault protection in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening all, I have a little conundrum I need to get resolved. I’ve moved an EV charger from a single phase board that was on a 40a breaker and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
Hi all Was looking in to the adibatic equasion as our company will not let us add on to a Ring circuit with 1mm cpc.. I want to give some...
Replies
Views
Hi I always thought installations were safe at the time of instalment etc, the Distribution Boards at my works were installed over ten years back...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Just a quick question. Does a main protective bonding conductor require UV protection when run outside? I am under the impression that...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock