Discuss Proteus rcbo Went bang in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I wouldn't touch any proteus materials that's are cheap and poorly made. They put in so little effort that the rcbos and mcbs sometimes don't even fit properly in their own boards

Remember that consumer unit Tel had a few months ago after fitting protective devices the cover/lid cut out did not line up.

Proteus and M2 are not the best, but Hager and Wylex are equally poor in my opinion. The only really decent board is Starbreaker, everything sits straight, and there is no possibility of installing a device incorrectly as is the case with both Wylex and Hager. With Wylex the whole assembly slides on the din rail, you have to make sure nothing moves during connection or the cover wont fit, junk.

Reply to Proteus rcbo Went bang in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ring main was on a c40 rcbo so I tested the circuit everything was fine and dropped down onto a b32, It’s quite a long circuit but only serves...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just been scratching my head about this one and wonder if I've missed anything. A few weeks ago I installed a new circuit for a 3kw oven and...
Replies
Views
Have any of yous fitted the proteus 4 way 3 phase DB? The horizontal one. The din rail I got with it was very narrow, only the top off of the RCBO...
Replies
Views
I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Was speaking to a family member recently, he told me his iron recently made a bang and flash as he plugged it in to the socket, and could...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock