Discuss PRS...Music Licensed need for van! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

RWJ

-
Arms
Reaction score
Apologies for the "auto correct" title!

I thought we'd had all this 5 - 6 years ago with the PRS phoning everyone trying to enforce their "license".
They've obviously spent the money they made from that scam so are back on the phones.

Apparently if you have a colleague in the van and you either have the radio or music on you require a PRS license. If you have a radio on site..... you need a license. Also if you even have a radio in the office, even if it isn't turned on you also need a license.

Told the girl she can tell Mr Tumbles Dad to go forth and multiply and I'll be waiting for the "enforcement officers"

We had this with the TV licensing people, who tried to claim because we have computers in the office we need a TV license.

Someone else that thinks we owe them something..... Money for nothing... oh wait that was the other Guy Fletcher... Mr Tumbles Cousin!

Your average Police officer -is similarily peed off...
...many bigger orgs --wont PAY for employee happyness ..
... stealth TAX ...
--RED TAPE-- enforcement , a service industry

If the spotty oink of an apprentice has his music so loud through his earphones that you can hear it.... does he need a PRS license?

I would ask what the legislation is exactly
you have the radio on for your own personal use.
you are not inviting an audience paying or not and your not putting on a public display .
this was brought about to stop the people broadcasting music movies and sport etc to make money from it.
a few companies sprung up and have told people they are authorised to collect royalties etc from you
don't go by their web site
fact and other agencies are going after the bigger people and aren't happy re these scam companies .
don't pay any money until you contact the relevant agencies
happy to help out if anyone thinks its a scam '
my other work is to protect businesses/people from scams and fraud etc
beware some companies claim to act on behalf of the prs
details from the official gov site is here
Licence to play background music (PRS) - GOV.UK - https://www.gov.uk/licences-to-play-background-music

Reply to PRS...Music Licensed need for van! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock