Discuss Pub project now under way............ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baddegg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
As per previous thread a wile back the pub build is now under way and upto roof level,just wanted to check my proposed electrical feed if I can please?
Earthing is TN-S not TNCS previously thought,(customer has now cleared the meter cupboard!)

Anyway loading in the pub is as follows
1 x 32a rfc 12 points
1 x 6a lighting
1 x 16a radial for ufh at 3kw (fused at sfcu)
1 x 16 a radial for water heater (no spec yet but assuming greater than 2kw)

Other loading not yet determined is a macerated toilet but hoping to spur from rfc

No extraneous parts, water and waste all in plastic
Proposed set up
Split tails into Henley and into small 2 way Cu with 100a main switch and 63a mcb, 10mm 3 core swa upto pub into sub db main switch and all circuits rcbo to relevant sizing
Have I missed anything?
As always all responses much appreciated

At the supply end I'd opt for a switch fuse with 60a cartridge rather than an MCB , otherwise a short circuit fault on any of the final circuits could take out the 63a MCB, the fuse gives much better discrimination. 10mm 3 core SWA should be fine depending on length of run, insulation etc, finally if the underfloor heating is running very close to 3kW I'd use a 20a DP switch rather than 13a sfcu as they don't seem to cope very well at full load current for long periods, the 16a RCBO will provide adequate protection.

Brilliant thanks chaps, length of run is approximately 20mtrs and the cable will be mostly in free air (under the floor cavity of house) and then under ground for about 6mtrs,

As the cable is partially buried you may have to go up to 16mm depending on your source fuse size. 63 amp would take you over the CCC of the cable.

With diversity you could get away with a 45 amp fuse at source.

I take it this is pub accommodation?

Hi strima
Thanks for that, I could get away without burying the cable but I could just as easily install 16mm as the customer isn’t to concerned on costs just safety , no not accomadation I have a customer who I’m building a 9mtr by 7mtr timber frame building in his garden. To use as a pub, pool table, darts and a bar etc..

As the cable is partially buried you may have to go up to 16mm depending on your source fuse size. 63 amp would take you over the CCC of the cable.

With diversity you could get away with a 45 amp fuse at source.

I take it this is pubaccommodation?

I wondered that .
You will need to find out what the cooler and cellar requirements are too if you are doing the bar .
EM lighting and alarms will need consideration too.

Is this an extension?sounds very small for a pub.a lot of pub chains have entertaianment sockets fed through contactor so fire alarm drops them out.apologies if have misundstood,usually work on huge buildings,but have done a few pubs in my tender years.

Is this an extension?sounds very small for a pub.a lot of pub chains have entertaianment sockets fed through contactor so fire alarm drops them out.apologies if have misundstood,usually work on huge buildings,but have done a few pubs in my tender years.

Yes usually councils will specify that if they have an entertainment licence.

No probs Simon, yeah man cave is better description I’ve just been brainwashed by the customer keep calling it that, it is a very nice man cave though, pool table, dart board, bar and poker table...

Reply to Pub project now under way............ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net