Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Public liability insurance? in the Insurance for Electricians area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. infinity

infinity Electrician's Arms

2. Deservices

Deservices Electrician's Arms

yes its got personal indemnity. It is the one that napit use for theres, it was originally napit insurance under written by hiscox, but now its just though hiscox. i got it when i signed up with napit 6 years ago and have never been with anyone else.

3. infinity

infinity Electrician's Arms

Have just re joined Napit (hiscox) under half the price! Unbelievable

• Like Like x 1
  4. urbanmonkey

urbanmonkey Electrician's Arms

Just had my renewal, me and 1 p/t staff, £2million liability and 50k professional indemnity....£114 with Zurich, exclusions are no TV ariel work and no work on aircraft/runways/aprons nuclear power etc etc

5. netblindpaul

netblindpaul Trusted Advisor

£2k6 is not unreasonable, depending on what works you do.
    That is the crux of it.

6. Dan

Dan I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-) Staff Member

Public Liability - http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/pages/public-liability/ - New public liability insurance page. We've partnered with an insurance comparison firm who can customise your quotes. We're using the buying power off the forum as a collective to get the best prices for you. Please make sure you use this when you next need public liability insurance. :)

Might be worth you getting a quote now, to see if it compares to your existing one?

Public Liability - http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/pages/public-liability/

7. Dan

Dan I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-) Staff Member

Public Liability - http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/pages/public-liability/ - New public liability insurance page. We've partnered with an insurance comparison firm who can customise your quotes. We're using the buying power off the forum as a collective to get the best prices for you. Please make sure you use this when you next need public liability insurance. :)

Might be worth you getting a quote now, to see if it compares to your existing one?

Public Liability - http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/pages/public-liability/

8. ivailors

ivailors New EF Member

Hi,
    I work as electrician mate, my new employer saved me the information when I was starting that i need public liability insurance, now he is asking me to get one which is about over £100 or I won't get paid.
    Any ideas what to do?

Thanks

9. Phil Thompson

Phil Thompson Let us light up your life! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Brite Spark Electrical
    Are you self employed or employed?

10. russgibb

russgibb EF Member

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but decided to give the Electricians' Forums quote page to obtain some comparison quotes, to find all it does is pass your details to a variety of insurance firms - it doesn't produce any quotes for you, and all you then get is bombarded by hungry sales reps - NOT what I was wanting.

• Like Like x 2
  11. smithy

smithy EF Member

Yep, same here! Tried this last week and don't know why I bothered - they're still calling me a week later! Pay £60 a year with my current company (who don't hassle me!) which is peanuts so don't know why I was trying to beat it?

12. FatAlan

FatAlan Trainee Trainee Access

Who do you use Smithy? Do people use companies who are marketed by the scams? Must admit when it comes to insurance in general it pays to shop around but I'm now tending to steer clear of price comparison sites cos I'm a cynical old git.

13. smithy

smithy EF Member

I have used Ashburnham Insurance for about 4 years now. Never had a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Phil Thompson

Phil Thompson Let us light up your life! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Brite Spark Electrical
    Yeah, got the same, just added the numbers to the block list.
    If I wanted a phone quote I'd have phoned myself lol

15. Sparky2017

Sparky2017 EF Member

Business Name:
    Zini Group Limited
    I use Compare Landlords Insurance to Motor Trade Insurance - Peacock Insurance - https://www.peacockinsurance.co.uk/ I find them very cheap.

16. Carl Lim

Carl Lim New EF Member