Discuss pump running continuously in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
anyone any dealings with British Gas wireless receiver WR1 ?
pump on heating system seems to be running constantly ,boiler seems to switch off but come back on very quickly two zone valves seem to be operating as normal.
pump is running even with programmer switched to off position,I'm just wondering if the receiver is faulty (never encountered one before)
thinking of disconnecting recieiver

The fault is most likely with one of the two zone valves, giving a call to the boiler & pump to run even when they are not receiving a call for heat.

yes I pulled up the manual off the internet,so there should be a 4 core running from the boiler to the wiring ?
I'm working from photos taken by son who is 160 miles away....

yes I pulled up the manual off the internet,so there should be a 4 core running from the boiler to the wiring ?
I'm working from photos taken by son who is 160 miles away....
The pump is more than likely connected to the terminal marked pump feed. With a voltage indicator it could be checked to see if it turns off or not, when it should.

by the sound of it it appears the pump does not switch off, as he has held his hand on the casing of the pump and it feels like its runnimg all the time, I dont want him taking covers off of anything so cant tell what the connections are

quick update on this,travelled down to visit son and check the wiring out.1st picture is the "wiring centre" 2nd picture wiring centre with cover removed.Ive traced all the cables back and they are all connected as per the s plan for the potterton boiler,the boiler has 4 terminals with the unused terminal being the pf, thats the extent of my knowledge done so as some one mentioned previously its possibly an internal boiler fault (pcb ?) so Im afraid the parts darts master is going to get another go at it....

pump running continuously 20190509_173326 - EletriciansForums.net

pump running continuously 20190509_173450 - EletriciansForums.net

If the pump is not connected to the pump feed then it’s not an internal fault with the boiler. With a voltage indicator you could check the wiring an see where the pump is picking it’s feed up from when it shouldn’t be.

Ok,got that,but the wiring is correct as per the potterton wiring plan,I'm thinking back to this wireless receiver thermostat thing again,plus I didnt take my voltage indicator pen down with me I don't trust it....I once had a cable where I could see both cut ends and the pen still lit up....

Reply to pump running continuously in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock