Discuss push to break switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Robert Turnbull

Hi all.

Does any one know where I can get a double push to break switch for a cupboard with 2 doors?

Basically so it works if either door is opened.

If you can't get a single double switch, wiring two single switches in parallel would do the job.
Wire a live to each switch and a common switch wire from each switch so either switch operates when one of the door is opened.

Can you not use 2 cupboard door switches and wire them in parallel?

deleted due to brain fart.

Last edited:
Think you may need to read last line of OP's post Tel.

"Basically so it works if either door is opened."

Ermmm! .... The switches are in parallel with each other but in series with the lamp Cupboad switch 2door.png

come on boys this is really basic stuff lets not have any schoolboy errors, if you can't imagine it always draw a little diagram and all will be revealed.

Is the OP asking for a limit switch doubled up that sits across the meeting points of the 2 doors ?... usually you would have 2 limits separate and depending what you use even a selv set-up switching a relay.

Last edited:
Thats what I put in my post. OK a diagram is always better. The comps are work are rubbish and slow and its a pain to attach anything. I just wish that we could just screen dump stuff straight into the post. (maybe you can and I just dont know how, copy and paste doesnt work)

I think the OP was after 1 switch that can detect 2 doors... never seen one...

i not woke up enough yet to even consider drawing anything other than breath.

ran out of scotch to soak the weetabix in.

Sorry I can't see your diagram on my phone dark wood.

What would be ideal would be the same as a normal push to break switch but with 2 pins one for each door placed centred between the 2 doors.

A PIR maybe the easy option, or wiring two together. Just needs to look good and they've already boxed plastered,painted coved the gap between the ceiling and cupboard.

After thought job by client.

never seen one with 2 pins. Cant even find one in Google Images

Sorry I can't see your diagram on my phone dark wood.

What would be ideal would be the same as a normal push to break switch but with 2 pins one for each door placed centred between the 2 doors.

A PIR maybe the easy option, or wiring two together. Just needs to look good and they've already boxed plastered,painted coved the gap between the ceiling and cupboard.

After thought job by client.

IMO these frame mounted switches + cabling never look good - PIR option bit pricier but will 'look' better

Reply to push to break switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net