Discuss Puzzling connector block. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Here I am again with another (probably!) simple problem for those who are in the know.
I'm having problems at my holiday home with clients continually switching off the plug which powers the shower in the bathroom and being phoned by people, at all hours, to complain that the shower does not work so I'm going to replace the switched socket with an unswitched cable outlet the only thing is I'm lost as how to wire it. Can anyone help please? Photo of rear of item attached.

Socket rear.JPG

Here I am again with another (probably!) simple problem for those who are in the know.
I'm having problems at my holiday home with clients continually switching off the plug which powers the shower in the bathroom and being phoned by people, at all hours, to complain that the shower does not work so I'm going to replace the switched socket with an unswitched cable outlet the only thing is I'm lost as how to wire it. Can anyone help please? Photo of rear of item attached.

View attachment 43349
I see no puzzle

View attachment 43349
Is the shower an instantaneous type, or a power shower? If it's an instantaneous type then as Vortigern says it's not big enough.

The shower pumps are only 12 volt pumps and are built into the hot and cold pipes just to boost the flow and NOT to heat the water. As for labelling, there is an A4 printed sheet pasted to the wall directly above the switch asking them NOT to touch the switch but I think this just encourages them!!

Your accessory provides no circuit protection. Replace it with a Hager unswitched fuse connection unit with front cord outlet. Assuming you have a TN earthing system it will be fine.

change the socket to an unswitched socket..... sssssimplessss.

and superglue the plug in it.

Is that MK's effort at a 20A Flex Outlet plate? Oh my word it looks horrendous to work with. As @westward said in the other thread, that cord grip is horrendous.

By replacing a 13A socket with a flex outlet plate you are likely creating a dangerous installation and failing in your duty of care to the people living in the property.

The terminals marked ‘supply’ are where you connect the conductors from the socket.
The terminals marked ‘load’ are where you connect the conductors from the flex, after you have cut off the plug.
As other have suggested, you would do better using an FCU as the the fuse in the FCU will replace the fuse in the plug.

Reply to Puzzling connector block. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net