Discuss PV Design Software in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SRE

Can anyone recommend a good but fairly chepar software programme for pv? I've looked at PVsyst and it's not really what I want. PV sol is expensive and looks quite complicated. What I really want is something that will produce the diagrams and monthly assumptions as well as matching all inverters and panels - any sugestions???

I just try to avoid them ;) Is it difficult to use?

It's not easy. Took me a bit of time to get used to it and I still struggle with the 3D side of it.

No software is required for MCS which in my personal opinion, should be changed. The SAP calculations are desperately poor for determining potential yield.

It's not easy. Took me a bit of time to get used to it and I still struggle with the 3D side of it.

No software is required for MCS which in my personal opinion, should be changed. The SAP calculations are desperately poor for determining potential yield.

I really need it for the shading side of things, I use the inverter software for matching panels and inverters, roof mounting suppliers software to do the drawings etc and PV sol and sap for the sap calcs - how much more accurate is PVsol than the free software available (other than for shading which isn't covered anywhere else) I wasn't that impressed with the basic version free trial and if I'm going to pay £900 + for the better version I want to know that I'm going to be able to use it and that it's going make a huge difference in comparison to the free software available. It's cost us a fortune to get set up and I'm struggling to justify the cost. BiggsSolar have youi found it makes a huge difference????

I'm not sure whether I can say it makes a huge difference - we've used it to quote all of our jobs. It is expensive but I think we owe the customer an estimate that is as accurate as possible.

Thanks, I agree completely that's why I usually underestimate the yield and suggest electricity savings closer to 25% particularly on larger systems. It's the shadin that bothers me - I'm going to see a dem in February so at least I'll get a chance to ask some more questions. If our cashflow wasn't up the spout I don't think I'd hesitate!

I use PVSOL, its the older pro version, its is complicated but once you've got it its a must have, just for the reports alone, you also get very different design specs based on local weather stats than that given by inverter manufacturers.

I know what you mean by the cash flow though, this is a very expensive business unless you have a large pot of cash, this is never mentioned in the write ups given on PV in professional electrcician every month.

I use PVSOL, its the older pro version, its is complicated but once you've got it its a must have, just for the reports alone, you also get very different design specs based on local weather stats than that given by inverter manufacturers.

I know what you mean by the cash flow though, this is a very expensive business unless you have a large pot of cash, this is never mentioned in the write ups given on PV in professional electrcician every month.

Is the £900+ fee a one off fee unless you choose to upgrade or an annual fee???

Hi all, I am an MCS accredited PV installer but cant for the life of me find any decent PV software, I have tried them all with little to know success. So in my search i have gone a little further and found some solutions in Germany that are happy to adapt for the UK market. Can anybody give any suggestions to what they would like in a software and how much they would be willing to pay for something of decent quality.... obviously £0 is not an option :) any feedback would be great!

Reply to PV Design Software in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock