Discuss PV Generation Monitoring Over Internet/Smart Phone in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

shavy65

Hi there, my inverter is in my garage so when I`m at home I can monitor my generation via a GeoSolo monitor I have in my kitchen, which works perfectly well.
I wondered if anyone knew of a way I could monitor my generation via the internet/smart phone....I should add some details here :-
There is a telephone socket right beside the inverter which I can use somehow, although there is not a router handy as that is in my dining room.

Maybe there is a piece of equipment out there people use that I don`t know about,

Cheers!

Hi, it`s a Samil 3.68 KW Inverter.

Not at home at the moment but I think its - Samil Solar River 4000TL-D

Geo do another which connects via your router. You can monitor via the internet or use the display. Think it is the solo 2 or go for the Chorus and monitor the import and PV. More expensive though

we use current cost for this with a net bridge, as a relatively inexpensive solution. It's not perfect, but does the job reasonably well.

Hi if it is the solar river 4000tl-d then you have built in cloud monitoring a standard. You'll need to run an Ethernet cable to the inverter from your modem and then sign up at samil powers website. Not used it personally but apparently not bad for a basic set up

Hmm looks like it`s actually the SolarRiver3680TL.....no cloud monitoring as standard on this one?

As my inverter is in the garage I was planning on running the ethernet cable to a homeplug, only way I can see of getting a cnnection to my inverter.

Sounds daft but is it a rectangle inverter with sharp edges or would you describe it as rounded on the edges? Different series's have the options/ add on's.

Go for geo chorus PV sold by Amazon takes 30 minutes to install with no tools. The price difference
is that this model show you what going to the grid or from the grid.(cheaper models don't show this) Comes with display .works on the Internet and mobile phone

The OWL Intuition looks quite good too... unless anybody else knows otherwise. Check if you need the Y Cable Kit too, but when installed correctly (not too difficult) it'll also tell you net import/export and has data logging/download via web interface, as well as smartphone access.

Reply to PV Generation Monitoring Over Internet/Smart Phone in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock