Discuss PV Panel War: Sanyo v. Hengji. The ultimate side-by-side long-term, real-world test. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: PV Panel War: Sanyo v. Hengji. The ultimate side-by-side long-term, real-world t

Generation cycle:- Shade till 9am & full shade @ 4pm SAP Target:- Yearly 2,367kwhr/pa, ASR - 1,027kwh/m2 Gen Figs vs SAP Figs:- Jan (73%), Feb (75%) March (125%) April (85%) May (103% so far) June ( xx ) Effect on Electric Bills vs last year:- -10% (Jan) -53% ( Feb) -45% (March) -60% (April) -49 (May) xx (June)

Maybe you can update your signature to tell us about June generation?

Re: PV Panel War: Sanyo v. Hengji. The ultimate side-by-side long-term, real-world t

It needs at least several seasons to compare properly. If I publish results now there will follow a tedious barrage of 'aah buts' and 'what ifs' which I wish to avoid. The performance of different manufacturers' panels varies under differing meterological conditions, day lengths, and temperatures.

Maybe you can update your signature to tell us about June generation?

I was going to update ( within 2 days.. I might add ) but after careful consideration I think i'm going to wait a few seasons too as ppl could get the wrong end of stick with the information provided............

It will take a year to give an accurate answer, since the characteristics of both panels may result in one out-performing the other under certain seasonal conditions. Day length, temperature, light intensity variations, and so on.

How is your real world side by side panel test progressing Sanyo v Hengji progressing?
1 year has passed since your initial posting Sanyo v Hengji: The Ultimate side by side long term real-world test.
Many forum members will be interested to hear your results. :ihih:

Last edited:

Yup,
Waiting for some results... Either way, don't mind. just interested in getting a flavour of a given RealWorld scenario
Interesting experiment...

Cash-and-Dash Come in please.. Over

Hi, yes, I'm still here, but distracted by other projects this Spring. The panels are still there and producing what look like interesting results. But I'm having trouble getting a Serial port connection to a modern PC to download all the stored data for publication. Please be patient!
Cheers
Mark

Just the two generation meter readings would suffice for now..... :innocent:

different brand solar panels,inverters,labours costs make it different price.
0.9£/w will be the average level

By the time we get the chance to drink this particular vintage, we'll all be dead and buried....:54:

Reply to PV Panel War: Sanyo v. Hengji. The ultimate side-by-side long-term, real-world test. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net