Discuss pv panels upside down? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

saggers

If running 2 rows of panels it is wise to have the connectors at the bottom on the bottom row in case they need to be unplugged in the future?

If in doubt, best to have junction box at the top if possible. One manufacturer says:

"The correct order to orient the module is vertical with the junction box on the higher side of it. The reason for this is that the breather port in the junction box, must be mounted facing downwards and not be exposed to any rain."

Reply to pv panels upside down? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all - just a quick post to say thanks for this excellent resource and to ask a quick question! PV Panels and battery storage - is there any...
Replies
Views
Hi again. Following my recent zero-Riso issue (unresolved) and also because my system has, in any case, been prone for a good while to the odd...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I am installing some metal trunking vertically in a meter cupboard to contain all the meter tails for an apartment block. I have 5 sets...
Replies
Views
Metal building with living quarters the panel is on the outside and about 20 feet away from new build that will be 2x6 what type of shielded wire...
Replies
Views
Hello, First of all, thank you in advance for any helpful insights posted in response to my question. I have just moved into a new home. With...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock