Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Pv simulation software in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. abbryld

abbryld Guest

I am looking for a 3D shading simulation software for pv systems. Any advice on what is best.

2. moggy1968

moggy1968 Electrician's Arms

PV sol is very unintuitive to use so factor in doing a course. Frankly I think they make it this way deliberately so they can flog you a course!
    I haven't done a course and have been doing it myself and it really isn't easy to fathom.

3. abbryld

abbryld Guest

Thanks.
    I agree. I have been using Autocad for years and i dont like the way you construct the buildings in PV*Sol.How about Pvsyst, DDS cad-pv or Solarplaner, any experience with any of these ?

4. solarcat

solarcat Regular EF Member

If you would like to try some freeware, I find Google Sketch Up quite useful. You can draw a building, set the geographical coordinates and simulate shading throughout the day.