Discuss PV SOL users – help! as my knowledge is limited! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

and

Put Sunny Design in the hands of a novice and this comes out:

Based on 4kW systems + SMA 4000TL-20

LG LG250S1C 857 kWh/kWp

Suntech STP250S 20/WD 853 kWh/kWp

Samsung LPC250SM 851 kWh/kWp

Hyundai HiS S250MG 848 kWh/kWp

Sanyo HIT H250E01 842 kWh/kWp

Sharp NU R250J5 838 kWh/kWp

How can the awesomely efficient and expensive Sanyo’s be fifth on this list?

Please skilful PV SOL users, please run the above through PV SOL and see what comes out ... please!

Thanks!

Angle of Inclination and Azimuth Angle and Orientation Please
(What slope? What way is it pointing? Panels Installed Portrait or Landscape?)

35 degree pitch, pointing minus 30 degrees (ie between S and SE), 2x8 rows 250w panels in portarit.
Thanks in advance.

If you can get 16 LG or samsung 250's on there i wouldn't even bother looking at sanyo, I don't believe that the extra output justifies the extra expense in this situation.

If it was a case of 14 250 monos vs 16 250 sanyo's then that's another matter entirely...

The fetish for Sanyo seems to be a UK thing, spoke to SMA in germany yesterday and they said Sanyo weren't very popular over there which i thought was interesting...

Thanks, spoke to a very nice firm in Bristol (long established heating and electrical firm) who said 90% of their solar installations have been Sanyo, because they are good build quality and give good results, also he said they haven't had a single Sanyo panel that was faulty. The only other 250W panel he said they would be prepared to fit would be the LG, in the same way that the only inverters they install are SMA - proven products and (according to him) excellent companies to deal with.
I would like somePV SOL figures as a basis on which to see if Sanyo panels are worth the extra outlay, hence why it would be useful to compare them to the other panels listed above: all panels from big name manufacturers: LG, Suntech, Samsung, Hyundai, Sanyo, Sharp.
Also if any one has comments on build quality, I'd be very grateful. (I have read on here that Sharp's build quality has been highlighted when clamped to the mounting system).

Sunny Design isn't intended to give accurate yield figures. It throws up some bizarre figures at times and SMA themselves recommend that is only used to match inverters and that PV Sol should be used to give accurate yield predicitions

I'll run some systems through the software when I get back in the office and I'll post the results. Interesting comments about SMA though - they are a great firm to deal with but I've had even better experiences dealing with Fronius and particularly Power One.

Thanks, I'd really appreciate the PV SOL figures ... evidently something is amiss with my use of Sunny Design if the Sanyo was fifth on the list!

Okay, I've run them all through PV Sol Expert, centralised on the roof with the bottom row of panels 300mm from the ridge - all with the SB4000TL inverter.

LG 250: 3,582kWh
Suntech 250: 3,601kWh
Samsung 247: 3,565kWh
Hyundai 250: 3,324kWh
Sanyo 250: 3,654kWh
Sharp 250: 3,323kWh

All with 16 panels on a SB4000TL inverter. Unless you are interested in monitoring the system or switching your water heating on/off with demand, I'd say the 4000TL is a bad choice.

Reply to PV SOL users – help! as my knowledge is limited! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net