Discuss PV Solar systems in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Benny1

Installed my first PV Solar system last week, all went well and worked a treat,do I just need to put my test results for the new circuit on the test cert.Any help would be much appricated

.....for the PV install or the mains side of it???
Oh sorry the mains side, the DC stuff is pretty self explanatory and comes with the kit.I think you just treat it as a radial addition is that right

I assume you have installed a new 16amp radial circuit for the P.V system? I believe all we (Electrician's) have to inspect/test/certify in this type of installation is the newly installed circuit from the D.B to the Isolation point (rotary isolator) to where the Inverter is connected too. The company who physically installs the P.V system and once connected to the Isolator then verify the DC side of the install.

In addition to an Electrical Installation Certificate made out for an Addition, you also need to issue an Array test Report. In terms of Part P your work is notifiabe and if this is a grid tied PV system then you need to advise your supplier as the revenue meter belonging to them may be affected and you may well be prosecuted for "stealing" electricity.

Remember your whole Installation must now comply with the 17th Edition as well

Good luck and have a look at the best practice guide issued by Elecsa and endorsed by Industry

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to an Electrical Installation Certificate made out for an Addition, you also need to issue an Array test Report. In terms of Part P your work is notifiabe and if this is a grid tied PV system then you need to advise your supplier as the revenue meter belonging to them may be affected and you may well be prosecuted for "stealing" electricity.

Remember your whole Installation must now comply with the 17th Edition as well

Good luck and have a look at the best practice guide issued by Elecsa and endorsed by Industry

Yes Array report was filled out readings and output recorded etc,also electric supplier had been informed of start up date .Many thanks for your reply

I assume you have installed a new 16amp radial circuit for the P.V system? I believe all we (Electrician's) have to inspect/test/certify in this type of installation is the newly installed circuit from the D.B to the Isolation point (rotary isolator) to where the Inverter is connected too. The company who physically installs the P.V system and once connected to the Isolator then verify the DC side of the install.

Yes thanks for your reply and I was reponable for the whole installation DC as well, the bit I didn`t get much involved with was on the roof,the roof tilers were sorting that out I just tested each panel to make they were pushing DC out before they were fixed to the roof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Benny1,

I'll be honest with you, I am not 100% what the full verification process of the DC Side is. When I am carrying out this work, the parts I am involved in is the installation of the new circuit including the new meter (for measuring the electricity that is put back onto the grid), tails, isolators + final connection of the Inverter, the associated company Tech. then comes back turns on + will verify there DC side + explain use etc etc to customer.

Goodluck, LEO.

Reply to PV Solar systems in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock