Discuss Pylon advice please - wooden pylon voltage advice in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

If we could see magnetic fields we would probably stay of the internet ,for fear of our
laptops ,TV screens , power supplies.
Unlike Xrays , nothing bad has been found of MRI scans , though maybe not used on the young s much !

Thankyou for sharing your worries as a parent .
( Playing near power lines - not a good childhood skill )
It was the TV public announcements in the 70s that put the fear of the good Lord into us about not climbing the fence to get your frisby back - stange they don't have those adverts now even though I feel people are a little less intelligent and sometimes need reminding!

I've got an 11kV line at the bottom of my garden and a substation halfway down fed by underground cable. I sit listening to my ham radio and don't have any problems with interference from either but my smartphone causes a hell of a noise on it!
Had an event where we set up a Coleman Event Shelter under a 33kV pole route. Got a slight tingle from the induced emf in the tent poles!

I've got an 11kV line at the bottom of my garden and a substation halfway down fed by underground cable. I sit listening to my ham radio and don't have any problems with interference from either but my smartphone causes a hell of a noise on it!

Not to mention the problems PLT's cause, and those are the legal ones not to mention the "imported" high power ones!

Anyway... apologies and back to the original subject!! 73s

Reply to Pylon advice please - wooden pylon voltage advice in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net