Discuss Quad Alarm on main Harness attachment in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Drac

-
Reaction score
Hello, i would like a bit of help from you guys i am not an electrician that i owe a quad bike and my project for the next 3 months of winter is going to include building the entire Main harness from bottom up attaching a alarm system on it.

My first question is if i can make this project applying a connector to my main harness for quick remove and apply the entire alarm system im speaking about 12 to 16 pin connector, im thinking to remove it every time i use my bike for of road riding.

Second and most important question is how do i connect the alarm system to my harness. here is my Quad harness diagram
wiringschematicnew - https://ibb.co/cJScW5
and the alarm system diagram
Screen Shot 2017 09 26 at 16 08 52 - https://ibb.co/bTywUQ

So you would say to go to some electrician on my town well i did that 3 times. The first one unpacked the alarm system attached it to the quad took from me 25 euro after about 500 kmh my quad wouldn't start leaving me in the middle of the street fuel pump failure said the diagnostic. The second one i went kept my quad for a weak striping it and modifying it the way he thot it was right and costed me to burn my harness in 3 points including somme cables from alarm system that one costed me 30 euro. The third one said to me i should go by new harness then he will look into it but nothing is 100% since some cables from the alarm are also destroyed.

Well if i am going to put like 200 euro for the harness Having half destroyed 400 euro alarm system i thot why not asking on the forum first b4 i do my next move

Thank you and sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
Yea did that when i went to ask for a price for new harness they said we don't work with aftermarket parts and they suggested me to go to an electrician if i wanted to attach an alarm system on my quad. As for other alarm types out there, i already got what was best i paid for it and i really want to se it work.

Thank you for your reply.

Reply to Quad Alarm on main Harness attachment in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock