• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Qualified Electrician Needed in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This electrician job is going for grabs, please don't post contact details in this area of the forum. Use the forum messaging system instead.
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Tariq

-
Reaction score
We are making 4 Studio

Each studio will have: Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen and Lounge (Studio's)

We need the necessary rewiring..eg ceiling lights, kitchen sockets, fan for bathrooms, electric shows, electric heaters etc - All connected to the consumer unit and then wires bought to the ground floor and connected to the electric meter.

Each studio will need things like:

Bathroom: electric shower, electric fan, ceiling light, electric water heater for the sink

Bedroom - double sockets, electric heater, Ceiling light,

Kitchen - kitchen sockets, electric hob / oven socket, electric heater

lounge area - Electric heater, double sockets

Corridor, stairs will have ceiling sensor lights and cameras. 4 cameras in total needed.

Please see video of layout of the studios -

see also attached floor plan

I need a qualified and experienced electrician

Qualified Electrician Needed final_view_4 - EletriciansForums.net

Hi Tariq,

Welcome to the forums.

That's quite a lot of electric heating of one form or another... so, I'll kick off with a few questions people may ask...

What are the ratings of the various high usage items... the water heater, the shower, the electric radiators, the hob, the oven?

What's the supply for the building (single phase/three phase, DNO fuse rating)?

What else will the supply be feeding?

You don't mention fire or smoke alarms ..... What have building control or the architect stated about these?

Hi,

Western Power will soon come and give the building more power. We will have 5 new connections installed. 4 studios + 1 landlord supply.

It will be a 3 phase - and western power said that this new power will be more than enough to run all the usage we require.

yes I forgot to mention smoke alarms - we need these also.

my thought was to have interlinked wireless smoke alarms throughout the first floor and the studios

regards

safety is obviously important so whatever meets the building controls requirements - we will do

Whereabouts in the country is this?

What exactly are you looking for? Is it labour only or the complete job?

Do you have a proper set of plans for someone to price the job up from?

This is in stoke on trent - we only have the floor plan that is attached.

Without a proper set of plans you can't expect anyone to quote for the electrical work.
You need an architects drawing with the locations of all services and outlets, along with a specification of all major loads and also the LABC requirements for safety systems before anyone can quote.

Do you even have planning permission for this?

We are making 4 Studio

Each studio will have: Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen and Lounge (Studio's)

We need the necessary rewiring..eg ceiling lights, kitchen sockets, fan for bathrooms, electric shows, electric heaters etc - All connected to the consumer unit and then wires bought to the ground floor and connected to the electric meter.

Each studio will need things like:

Bathroom: electric shower, electric fan, ceiling light, electric water heater for the sink

Bedroom - double sockets, electric heater, Ceiling light,

Kitchen - kitchen sockets, electric hob / oven socket, electric heater

lounge area - Electric heater, double sockets

Corridor, stairs will have ceiling sensor lights and cameras. 4 cameras in total needed.

Please see video of layout of the studios -

see also attached floor plan

I need a qualified and experienced electrician

View attachment 38007
Solid floors? Tariq that's going to be a right pain and expensive

I'm not entirely sure what the question is. Are we supposed to give you a detailed plan for what we would do or message you to take it on?

When you say We are making 4 studio flats, Tariq, who are We? a builder, developer or someone who has been given this building as a Project?
What you nee are some form of Project Manager to take this forward, not post a thread that doesn't actually ask any specific questions. It's more a statement of what you want and how to do it.

If £5,000 is your talking fee - then I am guessing your labour fee for this project might be £20,000 - no thanks!!!
that 5K would include the design of the installation.

I would probably agree that this is why the OP has posted on the find an electrician forum, to find an electrician who is prepared to consider the job and can then progress the job from there.
I am sure that most electricians would not be expecting a full and detailed breakdown of all requirements on the first contact with the customer.

Reply to Qualified Electrician Needed in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock