Discuss Question about hot tubs in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

And are you seriously saying that we need to bond the ground? Can you explain to me how we would go about this? I will get my popcorn.

If the extraneous metal part is in the ground then its acting as a conductor between it and the ground. In this case just put a clamp on. Where you are in direct contact with the ground put a rod in. The effect is the same, you are ensuring that they are all at the same potential.

Will an RCD work without a neutral?
The local test button no, but the safety function yes. Also, with TT the rising N does not mean CPC has to rise. Any fault current that did still flow will travel via L through the RCD etc and return to transformer via rod or Us. So the RCD detects imbalance in L to N and trips in the usual way, hopefully :) .

If the extraneous metal part is in the ground then its acting as a conductor between it and the ground. In this case just put a clamp on. Where you are in direct contact with the ground put a rod in. The effect is the same, you are ensuring that they are all at the same potential.

How can you make non-conductive materials the same potential? Hot tubs are plastic. The frame is plastic. The pipework is plastic.

Can someone please explain why we would TT PLASTIC

How can you make non-conductive materials the same potential? Hot tubs are plastic. The frame is plastic. The pipework is plastic.

Can someone please explain why we would TT PLASTIC
and don'tforget to put a rod in the water. :mad:

Ha ha, good question. If the installation is double insulated then I guess it makes no odds.

Exactly, which almost all hot tubs are. The issue only arises when there is other conductive things around such as steel conduit an outside tap. Then we would need to look at possibly changing things.

I suppose my point is every installation will be different and that is why blanket decisions like TT it makes us lazy sparks.

So, if the middle of all this raunchy frivolity, one whom is completely stark -------, as is everyone else by now (so I've heard), steps out of the tub with one leg onto the grass, (not Pampas) and the other leg in the watery tub, which has an electrical fault (dissertation on water conductivity) and there's differentiation between earth & true Earth, ones -------eds?

By the way essex's how's your Pampas?

So, if the middle of all this raunchy frivolity, one whom is completely stark -------, as is everyone else by now (so I've heard), steps out of the tub with one leg onto the grass, (not Pampas) and the other leg in the watery tub, which has an electrical fault (dissertation on water conductivity) and there's differentiation between earth & true Earth, ones -------eds?

By the way essex's how's your Pampas?

How would the water become live?

Listen if your wife wants to come knocking then I am very happy to answer ;-)

How would the water become live?

Listen if your wife wants to come knocking then I am very happy to answer ;-)

Question about hot tubs {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Ooopps hold it chaps, I was referring to my Mark IV Ford Cortina, her indoors (alive & well) preferred the Ford Capri MK III.

But you can seen how personal some on this forum can be. No offence taken essex (lower case) :eek:
you plonker rodney. my mk1v cortina died years ago, it was a 1977. was not a patch on the mkI i had before, a 1967 estate, uprated to GT.

Reply to Question about hot tubs in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock