Discuss Questions about XS Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all, I have finished my C&G 2365 and 17th Regs in my college last year. And I have looking for a job ever since, but there's no hope. Luckily, I have a chance to work along a sparky for work experience. In this forum I have come accrossed quite a lot of people like me who has completed everything apart from the NVQ. And few of them is used XS Training company. I'm not sure if this company will help me or is it trustworthy? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything bad here. I'm sorry if this is wrong.
I want to know how this company run in order to help people like me to get qualified?
The sparky that I work with is mainly CCTV, alarm systems and single phase, will these get me to the end?

Many thanks to you guys help and your time in advance.

Alan

Hi Alan,
I used XS Training to do my NVQ3 and I can vouch for them being trustworthy.
The NVQ is a work-based assessment and as such you'd need plenty of work available to be able to complete it. Your local college will probably run the NVQ where you complete each unit twice and you get a site assessment for the third time, whereas I believe with XS Training everything is done remotely online.
Probably the best thing to do would be to call or email David or Stuart at XS Training and ask them directly. You could probably PM them as well - they're sponsors on this forum.

XS Training are completely trustworthy and are very hard working behind every candidate they receive. This is being said from a previous customer and not just a Mod on a forum that they sponsor.

As above, give David or Stuart a call and have a chat about your situation and take it from there.

Hi Alan,
I used XS Training to do my NVQ3 and I can vouch for them being trustworthy.
The NVQ is a work-based assessment and as such you'd need plenty of work available to be able to complete it. Your local college will probably run the NVQ where you complete each unit twice and you get a site assessment for the third time, whereas I believe with XS Training everything is done remotely online.
Probably the best thing to do would be to call or email David or Stuart at XS Training and ask them directly. You could probably PM them as well - they're sponsors on this forum.

Thank you so much for your reply!! As you have passed with XS Training, is there any lights you can shed with people like me? This can give us a direction of where to go and what to do in the future. This means alot to us.
Thanks

Thank you so much for your reply!! As you have passed with XS Training, is there any lights you can shed with people like me? This can give us a direction of where to go and what to do in the future. This means alot to us.
Thanks
I was in a slightly different situation - I started doing agency work as a mate while I was doing my technical certificate, and didn't complete my NVQ3 until much later, by which time I had about 10 years' experience; to me completing the NVQ was more of a formality - a hoop I had to jump through to get a different coloured card.

Doing site work you might be restricted as to what work you can do, for instance you might spend 3 months working with T&E, 2 months second fixing sockets and switches, or 6 months installing metal containment, plus a lot of places will want the inspection and testing done by someone with a lot of experience - they usually downsize the workforce after everything is installed so you might not even be on site when it comes to testing and commissioning.

I was quite lucky in that I had a maintenance job on the cards, so I could just go off and do whatever I needed to show for the NVQ. Since I was largely working alone and unsupervised I wouldn't have got that job without a lot of experience.

My advice would be to concentrate on finding work and gaining experience before thinking about the NVQ. As with any career you'll probably have to start at the bottom, regardless of age or what you did before.

Yep as stated abpve XS Training is 100% trustworthy ,I finally completed my 2356 NVQ3 with them this week after starting it back in 2012!! but missed the dealine back at Xmas 2015 ,but they offered me a place on the late cert scheme a couple of months so I could finally finish it ,I would really recommend getting in touch with them to discuss your situation/concerns etc but also they do special offers on other courses they run such as The 17th, 2394/95 courses.

Reply to Questions about XS Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock