Discuss quick question on sds drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

adam.h

Makita HR2230 or Hitachi DH24PC3 both are the same price but which would any of you recommend?

I have been using a cheap one, think it was argos for about £40, only problem with it it doesn't lock when in hammer only so the chisels move round as you try chasing walls which is a right pain.

i would say makita but i recently bought a blue bosch. so i would say invest in a bosch.

my makita died recently when I(my labourer) was chiseling non stop for about 6hours. i was told most of these sds drills are only good for light chiseling.

I have the Hitachi and am very happy with it. Makita make good tools and the one you mention is also lighter than the Hitachi although I woudl go for the model up if buying makita (2470 I think it is). That said the hitachi has a much higher impact energy (higher than the equivalent bosch, makita or even dewalt) which swayed me.

Had my Makita for a few years and its still going strong.

They are only designed for 'light' chiseling, although that depends on what they mean by light.

:D

Had my Dewalt 2 years and its as good as new, it only has a light chisel action but it doesnt hang about when chopping out, it is also very easy to control due to its light action and its easy on the arms as well.:)

Might be worth looking at the warranty on each make. 3 year on bosch so that sways it for me.

We sent a 110V hammer drill back after 2 1/2 years perfect service as it had a problem with the trigger. It was back a week later virtually a new drill! New trigger, chuck, body etc and cleaned and serviced internally. Cant complain with that :).

Bosch Professional 36v L-Ion for the tidy jobs and a crappy Screwfix special for those nasty chases.....that way I don't care if it falls apart as it only cost £19 as a special !

My Big Bertha SDS (Max) is DeWalt 110v which is awesome for core bits (just hold on tight).

Reply to quick question on sds drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock